Gretsch "customer service"

J.D.

Got a new set of Renowns from Sweetwater 8 weeks ago. The day I set them up, a plastic ring inside the tom mount popped off, making it basically useless. (This would be the 3rd hole, meant to hold a cymbal/etc) Called Sweetwater that day...and nothing has happened. Sweetwater claims Gretsch isn't responding. I've even Tweeted at them about it, no response. If this was an essential part, I'd be raging at them. As it is, I'm just massively disappointed in Gretsch.

can send a repairman out to your house; Is any part broken you can tell?
You can't fit it back where it belongs?

Got a new set of Renowns from Sweetwater 8 weeks ago. The day I set them up, a plastic ring inside the tom mount popped off, making it basically useless. (This would be the 3rd hole, meant to hold a cymbal/etc) Called Sweetwater that day...and nothing has happened. Sweetwater claims Gretsch isn't responding. I've even Tweeted at them about it, no response. If this was an essential part, I'd be raging at them. As it is, I'm just massively disappointed in Gretsch.
PM sent with a very helpful email address.

can send a repairman out to your house; Is any part broken you can tell?
You can't fit it back where it belongs?
Nope. There's a plastic ring inside that, when you turn the wing, clamps down on whatever stand you put in there. It popped out (and a tiny nut popped out with it). It *sounds* like they have to replace the entire tom mount, although I'm sure there *must* be a fix. Again, not critical...but this is the first new set I ever ordered in my life, and I want it freaking fixed. I've been nice/patient *because* it's not critical, but this is a bad look for Gretsch. Wanted Renowns forever, love the way they sound, but would never deal with Gretsch again.

Attachments

• IMG_20220902_110249873.jpg
    IMG_20220902_110249873.jpg
    292.6 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_20220902_183537860.jpg
    IMG_20220902_183537860.jpg
    369.2 KB · Views: 42
I'd sure like a crack at putting it back together if nothing plastic snapped
Should be able to figure what happened with a small flashlite
It's just a Taiwan part..
massively disappointed in Gretsch.
not a real representation of the entire near 150 year history of Gretsch drums

Last edited:
Yes very disappointing for you hope ya get it sorted out soon.
Wake up Gretsch get ya act together.

I'd sure like a crack at putting it back together if nothing plastic snapped
Should be able to figure what happened with a small flashlite
It's just a Taiwan part.

Not a real representation of the entire near 150 year history of Gretsch
The plastic part snapped into pieces. And they may have been great for 150 years, but 1) this piece broke before I even completed setting up my brand-new drums, 2) they aren't even *responding*. Love the drums, but not feeling the love.

The plastic part snapped into pieces.
Ok so you do know what happened to it.
a plastic ring inside the tom mount popped off,
It didn't just pop out.

Take out the part and lay it on table.
Maybe Mapex Yama Tama use - a ring- similar.
Maybe Gibraltar has a similar plastic ring in their online Parts section

Last edited:
Every time I’ve had an issue with a drum the dealer was supposed to be the point person. I’m sorry but this is on Sweetwater to send you a new mount and they deal with Gretsch.

To me this says more about them than Gretsch.
When I had a issue with my Broadcasters. Maxwell sent the parts immediate and dealt with Gretsch on their own.

This is my opinion only but I’ve personally seen great dealers go to bat literally dozens of times. They should be taking the hit to keep the customer satisfied. IT’S THEIR JOB !!

Last edited:
Every time I’ve had an issue with a drum the dealer was supposed to be the point person. I’m sorry but this is on Sweetwater to send you a new mount and they deal with Gretsch.

My opinion of course. When I had a issue with my Broadcasters Maxwell sent the parts immediate and dealt with Gretsch on their own
Agreed. Sweetwater should be able to handle this with ease. Likely faster, too.

When I had a issue with my Broadcasters. Maxwell sent the parts immediate and dealt with Gretsch on their own.

This is my opinion only but I’ve personally seen great dealers go to bat literally dozens of times. They should be taking the hit to keep the customer satisfied. IT’S THEIR JOB !!
Yes, and TBF to Gretsch, Sweetwater is *saying* they're not hearing from Gretsch, so who knows.
Ok so you do know what happened to it.

It didn't just pop out.

Take out the part and lay it on table.
Maybe Mapex Yama Tama use - a ring- similar.
Maybe Gibraltar has a similar plastic ring in their online Parts section
I worded it wrong. Didn't see the part(s) at first, and threw it away after I stepped on it with just sox on. Like stepping on a broken Leggo.

Pics

did J.D. (I like that name..) try tightening wingbolt all the way in without- a post or stand "inside" the hole..
causing the ring of plastic
to go crack- bye-bye

Last edited:
Back