J.D.
Reaction score

Latest activity Postings About

• J.D.
      J.D. replied to the thread What do lyrics mean to you?.
      Never cared. Never paid any attention. Even if I did, I rarely knew WTH they were talking about. Looking back, I'm often embarrassed at...
    • J.D.
      J.D. replied to the thread Do You Sometimes Feel Inadequate?.
      I can whistle louder that most people on the planet. Sadly, that skill is very unappreciated, and it's never made me a dime.
    • J.D.
      J.D. reacted to PorkPieGuy's post in the thread Do You Sometimes Feel Inadequate? with Like Like.
      I used to get sort of jealous of all of those hot shots on YouTube, but I really don't anymore. So many of them just walk down to their...
    • J.D.
      J.D. reacted to yammyfan's post in the thread Do You Sometimes Feel Inadequate? with Like Like.
      I feel this way all the time - most recently this morning while watching a video from a gig I played on Saturday night. I don't hit the...
    • J.D.
      Sounds like Ronn is the one keeping the feud going, according to this post. In searching, I found Carter's statement, from four years...
    • J.D.
      Saw that. Kinda bums me out… I wish Carter would just take the high road and let that situation rest. Carter’s playing speaks for itself...
    • J.D.
      J.D. replied to the thread Do You Sometimes Feel Inadequate?.
      "With this band I just sorta try and stay in the pocket and support them." THAT will get you way more gigs than anything. And...
    • J.D.
      J.D. reacted to Neilage's post in the thread Renowns/heads with Like Like.
      I replaced my RN2 Renown batters with Remo Skyntones, and I absolutely love the warm tone and soft attack of the calfskin lookalikes.
    • J.D.
      J.D. replied to the thread Renowns/heads.
      Huh. Never heard of the smooth. So many choices.
    • J.D.
      Well...I kinda *was* asking you. ;)
    • J.D.
      J.D. reacted to TK-421's post in the thread Renowns/heads with Like Like.
      I own two sets of Renowns. I'm using smooth white emperors on my main kit (kind of sounds like the love child of a coated emperor and...
    • J.D.
      J.D. reacted to yammyfan's post in the thread Renowns/heads with Like Like.
      I recently replaced the stock Emperors with Vintage Ambassadors and I really like them. They sound a bit less modern and slightly more...
    • J.D.
      J.D. reacted to ottog1979's post in the thread Renowns/heads with Like Like.
      Another vote for coated. I use an Evans G2 on my 16" floor tom and a G1 on my 12" rack tom. Clear resos on the bottom. My floor tom...
    • J.D.
      LOL...drummers. "Round, clingy, tubby" I use G2's on other drums. Only experience with G1 isa snare, and the head lasted about a week...
    • J.D.
      J.D. reacted to Tamaefx's post in the thread Renowns/heads with Like Like.
      I played 3 sets of skins on my former Renown : Pinstripe : sounded like pinstripe, rather round sound. Too tubby for me. Clear G1 : too...
  • Loading…
  • Loading…