Emmanuelle Caplette has released her drumming book

🇨🇦🇺🇲🇲🇽
Shouldnt it look like this?
My wife says Americans don't really speak English (her English is very British sounding being South African) I think the more time passes she is more and more correct. (the Tik Tok generation is morphing the language into uninteligible babble to someone older than 60). Idiocracy is actually happening "You want water Like from the toilet?'' Also saying things like " he is very woke" or "she got her hair did" or "I'm fittin' to go"... "That ain't no butter" yes some Americans barely speak English...

My wife says Americans don't really speak English (her English is very British sounding being South African) I think the more time passes she is more and more correct. (the Tik Tok generation is morphing the language into uninteligible babble to someone older than 60). Idiocracy is actually happening "You want water Like from the toilet?'' Also saying things like " he is very woke" or "she got her hair did" or "I'm fittin' to go"... "That ain't no butter" yes some Americans barely speak English...
I agree 100% (or...in today's abuse/misuse of math...110%).

George Bernard Shaw once said, "England and America are two countries divided by a common language"

But would your ancestors from 100 years ago call what you speak English?

Your argument holds no logic if you actually look into it.

The No True Scotsman fallacy.

But would your ancestors from 100 years ago call what you speak English?

Your argument holds no logic if you actually look into it.

The No True Scotsman fallacy.
Considering that we would be only 1 or at most two generations removed I say yes they would.

Not all families breed at 15 years old some had kids after getting married in their late 20's some even later. and I was not arguing about the language I was just stating facts...

Per wikipedia on the definition of a generation: "...the average period, generally considered to be about 20–⁠30 years, during which children are born and grow up, become adults, and begin to have children."

People living in the 1800's would have thought the English of the 1960's would be atrocious. They'd claim that what they were speaking "wasn't true English", just like what you and/or your wife claim now. Would they have any idea what "cool!" and "awesome!" would mean?

I'm not sure what "stating facts" are like, but I didn't really see anything in your post that was stating facts, aside from maybe a few modern slang terms. Yes, those are modern slang terms. And?

English is a wonderful, developing and constantly evolving language. One of its most enduring qualities is the ability of English to change, absorb words and grammar from other languages and cultures and adapt. I don't want an Académie Française.

I strongly suggest that everybody gets over to this Youtube channel and gives it a watch. Simon Roper has learned to speak reconstructed English accents and languages. Not just the 'formal' forms but regional variations (of which, in UK English is utterly prolific. Where I grew up, you knew which side of the town somebody grew up in by the way they spoke - and that's fairly typical across the country).

For instance:

Check this one out too, where an old poem is reconstructed. This is from a Dutch University.

English is an incredible language. And a complete mess.

For Goodness' sake, this is well within living memory:

Back to t' Emmanuelle Caplette book. Anyone know whether it is all snare/pad sticking exercises or is it applied to the drum set?

Back