Seafroggys
Reaction score

Latest activity Postings About

• Seafroggys
      Seafroggys replied to the thread Reissued CDs.
      Yep, the RIAA EQ curves that were "taken out" of the vinyl, and added back in when played back. Problem was, CD players didn't add those...
    • Seafroggys
      Seafroggys replied to the thread Reissued CDs.
      This depends on a gazillion factor. For music that was released pre-CD, first edition CD copies were *awful*. Not because of the...
    • Seafroggys
      Not for pay (regularly) but I contribute quite a bit to the Untitled Virtual Ensemble. https://www.youtube.com/@UntitledVirtualEnsemble
    • Seafroggys
      Seafroggys replied to the thread Sheet music writing apps.
      I paid for Sibelius as well, so I guess I'm the second person you know ;) Now if someone here has SCORE, then I'd be super impressed.
    • Seafroggys
      Seafroggys replied to the thread Sheet music writing apps.
      Like others said, it used to be that Finale was king in the US, and Sibelius was king in Europe. I'm not sure what happened, but...
    • Seafroggys
      Yeah some of these choices in this thread are suspect. Like Badfinger is definitely "Power Pop" but I wouldn't call them Soft Rock. A...
    • Seafroggys
      We had two rehearsals, and each "band" only got about one or two runthroughs before moving on the the next "band." And a few of the...
    • Seafroggys
      Seafroggys replied to the thread New Head Day..
      Emps over Ambs is a classic. Probably my most used head combo.
    • Seafroggys
      Seafroggys replied to the thread K vs A.
      I'm an audio engineer. I went to school for audio engineering. I've never met an engineer who thought A's were "too loud." You're also...
    • Seafroggys
      *much louder*? Cymbal thickness and size has far more bearing on loudness than line. You ever listen to your guitarist dialling in their...
    • Seafroggys
      They're both good and versatile and you can't go wrong with either one, no matter the genre. I do slightly prefer A's (love New Beats...
    • Seafroggys
      Seafroggys replied to the thread 10 minute practice.
      At that point there's really not much you can do aside from maintenence. I could do the 5 minute Lifetime Warmup and then maybe work on...
    • Seafroggys
      Gym and fitness is incredibly important, but just for overall health. There's not a lot of correlation with drumming (if any at all)...
    • Seafroggys
      Seafroggys replied to the thread Poll: Double stroke BPM goal.
      Mmmm I've never heard the phrase "double bounce" to describe a double stroke roll with uneven second notes. Its all double stroke rolls...
    • Seafroggys
      Seafroggys replied to the thread Poll: Double stroke BPM goal.
      Marching snares do have tighter heads and heavier sticks so there is more rebound, yes. However, fast double strokes are definitely...
  • Loading…
  • Loading…