O
Reaction score

Latest activity Postings About

• O
      Oh, I had a couple of years of solfege and knew some extremely basic guitar & keys, so that helped. At least I knew how to read music...
    • O
      I started like most here, practicing some exercises but mainly playing along my CD player for hours. I started at 17, my brother is 2...
    • O
      OHD reacted to dwsabianguy's post in the thread Shuffle left hand with Like Like.
    • O
      Just be patient. Keep doing it and paying attention as the others say, and you will get through it. Sometimes it helps to isolate the...
    • O
      OHD reacted to doggyd69b's post in the thread Efficient Practice with Like Like.
      I can sing while I drum but mostly don't need to, and like I said for me rudiments didn't help me but I didn't say they don't help...
    • O
      OHD reacted to Xstr8edgtnrdrmrX's post in the thread Efficient Practice with Like Like.
      yeah...technique types are different than the bigger picture description of "technique", which to me, is the combination of physical...
    • O
      OHD replied to the thread Efficient Practice.
      OK, I think that I'm not making myself clear. I'm not talking about technique in general, I'm talking about "techniques". Things like...
    • O
      OHD reacted to C. Dave Run's post in the thread Efficient Practice with Like Like.
      I dont really feel there needs to be a schedule/list/program for efficient practice. To me, efficient means productive. If I set aside...
    • O
      OHD reacted to Jonathan Curtis's post in the thread Efficient Practice with Like Like.
      What a fantastic thread, and thanks for the shoutout in the original post. I don't have much to add really, because there are some...
    • O
      Oh, and sorry for hijacking the thread 😅😅😅 To answer the OP, I would pick a phrase that excites you, either from Wilcoxon, a recording...
    • O
      OHD reacted to Sebenza's post in the thread Efficient Practice with Like Like.
      I don't think "moving correctly, comfortably and efficiently" is the foundation of what we do as drummers...at all. I do not mean to...
    • O
      I'm not against good technique. No one has said to ignore technique. We are just saying that there's got to be a musical goal behind it...
    • O
      Yes, but that's a musical 'problem' for those genres, so it's all good
    • O
      I know what you mean, technique IS really important. But I wanted to make a distinction between improving your technical facility and...
    • O
      OHD reacted to Odd-Arne Oseberg's post in the thread Efficient Practice with Like Like.
      The simplest answer is to just pick a tune you want to play and use that as the platform. Technical warm-ups can be done quickly and...
  • Loading…
  • Loading…