Asking for your opinion

Pearl, then Rogers and never the Swingstar.......I like Tama, but the other two are intermediate to professional kits, the Swingstar.....was "meh".

As long as you are OK with power toms the Pearl......especially at that price......I would play that as a 1up 1 down and have fun with it.....and perhaps I could find an orphan white non-power tom eventually.....

100% the pearl. I don't love pearl drums but thats easily the best kit there.
Meh, I don't know about that. Rogers was still making quality drums at that point, and as I mentioned, they were Made In The USA.

Our opinions may be generational. I grew up admiring Rogers drums. Maybe you grew up with Pearl. I have nothing but respect for Pearl drums, Tama as well, but an American-made drum will usually come up as the first choice for me.

Ultimately, It's the OP's choice, and not ours.

Tough call my dude!
The Rogers kit seems that only the BD hoops need replacing. The Pearl kit has some damage on the lacquer, but seems taken carre of besides the cracked finish.
I'd go for the Pearl, the largest tom is also good for a floor tom spot

I would go for the Pearl kit, so I could have a five-piece kit. The Rogers kit needs some work. Peace and goodwill.

Hello, I would like to ask which kit would be the best bang for my bucks.
It's between a 80's Pearl Master Studio 4p , a 00's Tama 4p Swingstar and a 80's Rogers 3p xp8 with Pearl hoop for the ft. They are all around 400-450 dollars.

Thanks!

View attachment 134852

That is 90's Pearl.. maybe even later because of the Studio designation and die cast.. but it is not from the 80's.. They did not have any Masters in the 80's..

and yes.. Go for the Pearl !

I don't bother looking at Rogers unless they have a script badge. I don't like the spurs on the Rogers either.

I'd go with the Pearl drums, and buy another snare stand to put the rack tom on and leave off the second rack tom.

Back