BobC
Reaction score

Latest activity Postings About

• BobC
      BobC replied to the thread The First Rock and Roll Drummer.
      Fluke Holland just might have been the first, but of course, black R&B drummers were doing the same thing in relative obscurity years...
    • BobC
      BobC replied to the thread Dammit, Trixon....
      Truth is, most drummers are conservative by nature. You aren't, and that's fine. :D
    • BobC
      Slingerland originally made 18x20 floor toms for Gene Krupa. Remember the old catalogs? Gene was on the cover of every one for over...
    • BobC
      BobC replied to the thread Dammit, Trixon....
      The whole idea behind the Trixon Speedfire bass drum was to give the drummer two tonal options in one drum. You were supposed to play...
    • BobC
      BobC replied to the thread What's going on with Slingerland?.
      My built-in cynicism and distrust of corporate entities. Been there, done that.
    • BobC
      BobC replied to the thread What do lyrics mean to you?.
      In the 60's, lyrics became very important, as rock 'n roll grew up and moved away from the "Be Bop A Lula" lyrical nonsense of the 50's...
    • BobC
      BobC reacted to JJKK's post in the thread What do lyrics mean to you? with Like Like.
      Lyrics are part of the subject/theme the song and band is going for. Quite essential in my opinion.
    • BobC
      It depends on the song and the dynamics involved with each song. For quieter playing, I use the tip most of the time, but if I'm laying...
    • BobC
      BobC reacted to Supergrobi's post in the thread 2 up players...So where's your ride? with Like Like.
      For me having my rack toms on the bass drum would feel awkward since my bass drum sits at an angle to my bodies center, depending on the...
    • BobC
      I could use this setup on my Ultra Oyster White DW set, but I think it looks out of balance with the two toms off to the left. I can...
    • BobC
      BobC replied to the thread A Puzzling trend I am seeing lately.
      One of the reasons I gave up teaching was because kids came to me saying, "I want to play like Lars Ulrich right away!" I got sick of...
    • BobC
      I am a teacher of many of these types, and it is sort of that "instant results/gratification myth" that they have been raised under...
    • BobC
      BobC reacted to RickP's post in the thread A change did me good with Like Like.
      I started playing in the 60’s on a four piece kit , gravitated to kits as large as 8 piece kits in the 70’s and 80’s . Kits started...
    • BobC
      BobC replied to the thread A change did me good.
      When I started in the 60's, almost everyone played a four piece set. That's what I started on and am comfortable with, although the...
    • BobC
      BobC replied to the thread Attending NAMM 2023?.
      If you don't book your flights early, the airlines purposely bump the fares, because they know it's time for NAMM in January. They'll do...
  • Loading…
  • Loading…