What's your latest purchase?

Ransan

Ludwig Acrolite, from local pawn shop. I looked down and my snare collection is building. I may need to look for a display or storage rack.

62F7C783-31FC-4853-A624-343F000CDBBC.jpeg2D841B1C-B62A-4C20-AE6E-F583990C9698.jpeg

Trip McNealy

Gold Member
Starclassic Maple. I couldn't get any good pics, my room is too dark, but here's a music store photo.
I laughed out loud when I heard the bass drum. Just incredible.

View attachment 89827
Stunning - what color is that??!!

At a shared gig, the band on before us the drummer had a Starclassic B/B kit and when I heard the bass drum (unmic'd) I immediately needed to get me a TAMA set as well. So now I have a Starclassic B/B as well :) TAMA hardware is the best too!

bud7h4

Silver Member
Stunning - what color is that??!!

At a shared gig, the band on before us the drummer had a Starclassic B/B kit and when I heard the bass drum (unmic'd) I immediately needed to get me a TAMA set as well. So now I have a Starclassic B/B as well :) TAMA hardware is the best too!
That color is Flat Steel Blue Metallic. I really wanted a natural finish but I saw this and went for it. The hardware is great, it seems they thought of everything.

NouveauCliche

Technically I haven't hit the purchase button...

But - I'm thinking about snagging a Gretsch Renown in the Turquoise Sparkle with with a hammered brass snare as more of a touring friendly kit to save some wear and tear on my main.

Awesome drums from the price.

petrez

19" Zildjian A Custom Medium Crash, first Zildjian bought in over a decade... Very nice crash for heavier music, allthough a bit harder to open up than I thought initially (bought it online). Sound really good though, and I'm thinking about a second A Custom in a short while to compliment it, probably a 18" Projection.

iCe

Too much again haha
Pearl 6x18" Rocket Tom
Remo 14" Clear Controlled Sound (for snare top) and Ambassador Hazy
LP Red Cyclops Tambourine
2x Pearl PC-8 Clamps
Some other hardware to mount the rocket toms to the rack

lefty2

Platinum Member
I‘be been looking at some 15” Zildjian hats from the 70s era on reverb. I just sold a couple of things to fund the hats this week. Today I stopped by my local drum store to see what they had. Low and behold they had just what I was looking for. 15“ hollow logo Zildjian hats. The ink stamp on the bottom is still legible, designating it as a rock, bottom cymbal. The hollow logo is visible on both cymbals, but the top is missing what model it is. They both weigh around 1500 gm. They sound (best as I recall ) just like the ones I had all through the 80s. Those were a throw together set. I got the bottom used around 1973 and I bought a New Beat top for it in 1980.

Xstr8edgtnrdrmrX

yammyfan

Picked up a second hand 20" Paiste 2002 ride a few days ago for those times when the 24 is too much.

I'm not a big fan of used cymbals and this fella was pretty grimy with faded logos but he cleaned up decently and better still, sounds great.

20200216_132735.jpg