What products have caused you to become a snob?

I would buy the "All as is" and just put my own triggers inside the pads, that way you know that it will not have the issues, you get the looks and the sizes, the module is great (you can add your own samples). I would probably get Pedal Trigger triggers anyway or make my own (Upgraded) version of it. and get center mounted triggers from Drum-Tec or such. maybe upgrade cymbals to Polands or better (I forgot the brand of the better ones). and finally you can get a "Poland" hi hat controller from Drum-Tec, but why spend that much when a $50.00 Goedrum is just as good? (I know I own one and it's great).
Have you tried the 18" Goedrum bass drum? Was considering getting one (maybe 2) more for aesthetics than anything else but didn't think it would hold up triggering-wise compared to my trusty old KD-140....

Regardless of the triggering you get a full size pad, and if it fails just put your own trigger and problem solved.
It is a lot easier to replace the internals with better ones than most people think.

Have you tried the 18" Goedrum bass drum? Was considering getting one (maybe 2) more for aesthetics than anything else but didn't think it would hold up triggering-wise compared to my trusty old KD-140....
I have not but the hi hat piece has worked flawlessly.

Cymbal felts.

It drives me crazy to see drummers who just out their cymbals on stands without felts. And they generally wonder why their cymbals are cracked.
Yes, thank you.

Or how about simply tuning the drums. I become 100% snob when I sit behind a kit (church, back line, etc.) and it’s not tuned. Don’t call yourself a drummer if you can’t tune the instrument. 😤

Yes, thank you.

Or how about simply tuning the drums. I become 100% snob when I sit behind a kit (church, back line, etc.) and it’s not tuned. Don’t call yourself a drummer if you can’t tune the instrument. 😤
I can kind of tune by ear, but I generally use a Drum Dial and my cheapo drums (pictured on my avatar) sound amazing, pretty much in line with a $5k DW set I got to play some years ago that to me at the time was the best sounding kit I've ever played. it most be those Evans heads my used kit came with... I guess I am a snob when it comes to pedals but since pedals are like shoes I can like a certain kind while others will think it's just not great. (for example I love the Pearl Demon drive pedals but the first time I played them they seemed way too heavy when compared to the Axis, which I remember getting a ridiculous speed with a single at the Guitar Center so much so that the guy (and the customer) turned around to look at what I was doing. I wanted that pedal so bad, but now I want the Czarcie Kopito but they are just ridiculously expensive so I will "settle" for Trick or Yamaha's. or maybe just make my own then I can have all the features I want and care for.. I just need to get one of those table milling machines...(and learn how to actually use it).

I'm a snob about taking my shoes off to play. How can you expect me to respect your playing while you wear shoes? I am a snob about my penchant for dropping a stick while playing and erroneously grabbing a 7A out of my bag, playing a 5B in the other, and finishing the tune without alerting the audience to the mental imbalance I suffer as a result of said error. I am a snob about loading my gear into small clubs and knocking over chairs and drinks in doing so. Peace & Love.

Not completely there yet, but I am in danger of becoming a Ludwig/Zildjian snob.
I don't really seriously consider getting much else now.

But I'll never be in the "you shouldn't get that because I think it's crap" snob category.

Not completely there yet, but I am in danger of becoming a Ludwig/Zildjian snob.
I don't really seriously consider getting much else now.

But I'll never be in the "you shouldn't get that because I think it's crap" snob category.
If someone buys something and it's crap, I WANT them to tell me it's crap. I don't think that's being a snob at all. More like sound consumer advice if you ask me.

If someone buys something and it's crap, I WANT them to tell me it's crap. I don't think that's being a snob at all. More like sound consumer advice if you ask me.
Ford builds crap, unless it was made before 1970.
I am a Ford factory trained technician.
The former two items are facts.

That's not what I said, but I'm OK with that.
I suspect that even if you responded to what I said, we still wouldn't see eye to eye.
I'm OK with that too.

Mainly sticks.

When it comes to other things I wouldn't call it snobbery. I just discovered what I like. Broadkasters and USA Customs are my favourite sounding kits.

Regardless of what I like to play for fun, gigs are mostly musically broad and low volume affairs and a quality snare and lots of tools make all the difference there. I've played house snares that did the job just fine, but also many that didn't.

My DW 9000 pedals are much preferrable because pedal feels and setups vary a lot and this is amplified by me not playing with shoes on. Not essential for everything, but if things get chopsy and/or dynamic I'm so used to it that it's the one pedal that just feels natural to me. I've played all sorts of pedals at schools and I've taught at and this is the one for me.

Roc'n'Soc throne is the same thing. It's the perfect middle ground in comfort and functionality. If I'm sitting down and showing a young student something it doesn't matter, but for a full gig it's the most comfortable and feels like home.

When we're on the house kit theme, I will do what's needed to make things sound decent. In most cases this will mean just removing all the tape, which sometimes is a lot lot and just actually tune the things. As long as it ends up sounding decent I can adjust to a different sound than my own and that can even be a fun adventure.

Last edited:
I think we just need to agree on the definition of snobbery (to me is when someone points fault at something usually with the purpose to humiliate others and put themselves in a higher position). if we agree to that, then most of us here are not snobs.
I would then say we are "Selective" which is very different.

Ford builds crap, unless it was made before 1970.
I am a Ford factory trained technician.
The former two items are facts.
I've tried the other brands and they are not better and some are worse.
So far knock on wood, I have had only minor issues. with 3 ford vehicles.

Back