What Are You Doing While Riding Out This Period Of Social Isolation?

Well I was reduced to this but now doing much better. Yeah I lost my head a bit.

Pretty much done with the room makeover I posted earlier in this thread . Just some shoe molding and a couple small details to do . From lime green and white paint with a lime green shag rug to grey and white paint with a rustic grey oak vinyl plank floor .. Lots of painting by hand with brush and miles of caulking the tongue and groove ?634108C6-BE6B-481E-BD55-18AF6461FE02.jpegAB628257-2B10-49A3-8298-BBC7051D7D50.jpeg2D6D54F3-7E63-49B2-9043-59BE338D0753.jpeg3E3EC169-8DD3-4507-B2CA-51018E69165A.jpeg94A12BE7-FB85-49AB-8F54-609F76BBC58D.jpeg0DD81BDA-1635-4047-97E6-096447452E2D.jpeg2296E8CF-7CD7-4895-AFC8-8E528DF478D6.jpegBD75A975-EF7D-466A-8AF9-82C9CC64EA5D.jpeg71CAD4DD-3E5A-4FD9-980B-F96AF3A62AEF.jpeg52E744F9-F3A4-42AC-82A7-3FDF64B83728.jpegS
Sorry for the sideways pics. They’re upright but post sideways here ??‍♂️

Re: depresion. Our school counsellor/psychologist reminded us yesterday that we’re experiencing grief - we’ve suddenly lost a large part the world we had and the things we loved doing. So we’re going through the stages of denial, anger, depression, etc. leading eventually to acceptance. I felt better after that.

Re: depresion. Our school counsellor/psychologist reminded us yesterday that we’re experiencing grief - we’ve suddenly lost a large part the world we had and the things we loved doing. So we’re going through the stages of denial, anger, depression, etc. leading eventually to acceptance. I felt better after that.

We are? What have we lost? I'm not depressed. Am I doing something wrong? What am I supposed to be grieving? Being stuck at home?

This is just a temporary setback, where if everyone would just stay home, will be over sooner than if we don't. Then life can resume. It ain't worth being depressed over.

We are? What have we lost? I'm not depressed. Am I doing something wrong? What am I supposed to be grieving? Being stuck at home?

This is just a temporary setback, where if everyone would just stay home, will be over sooner than if we don't. Then life can resume. It ain't worth being depressed over.
“Denial”

“Denial”

Of what? I see the effects of and understand there is a virus. That's it, a virus. We have not lost a large part of the world or the things we love. That is way blown out of proportion and unnecessary. Glad the school counselor could tell y'all how to feel and then convince you of it.

This is not me down playing, this me saying stop over playing. This is the exact reason people are so scared and are freaking out.

Of what? I see the effects of and understand there is a virus. That's it, a virus. We have not lost a large part of the world or the things we love. That is way blown out of proportion and unnecessary. Glad the school counselor could tell y'all how to feel and then convince you of it.

This is not me down playing, this me saying stop over playing. This is the exact reason people are so scared and are freaking out.

Let's look at it like this........

The waterways of Venice are clearing up and are more pristine than ever before.

The pollution from major cities is declining.

We can hear birds now that we've never heard before as they were drowned out by noise pollution.

Driving on the roads is basically stress free

The stars are brighter and the sky is blacker as a reduction in light pollution.

I can sit peacefully anywhere now and listen to my thoughts.

I can see some positives from this situation.

Let's look at it like this........

The waterways of Venice are clearing up and are more pristine than ever before.

The pollution from major cities is declining.

We can hear birds now that we've never heard before as they were drowned out by noise pollution.

Driving on the roads is basically stress free

The stars are brighter and the sky is blacker as a reduction in light pollution.

I can sit peacefully anywhere now and listen to my thoughts.

I can see some positives from this situation.

I agree completely. I haven't seen a plane trail in the sky for a while.

Gas is $1.70 here right now.

Things in public that I have to do are less hassle because people are staying home. (I almost never leave. This is a particularly nice change right now.)

Spring is here, it's getting warm, grass is green, birds are singing.

Seriously, I don't find this depressing or a reason to grieve at all, unless I lose a loved one. And until that happens, I'm trying to remain as positive as possible.

For those who think I'm being under-concerned, there are 386 cases in my state as of last report, and is projected to be 3500+ in less than 2 weeks. If it gets me, it gets me, if not, cool. I have no control of the virus. I do have control of my own emotional state. It's remaining calm and collected.

A million Australians have lost their job. No-one can go to shows, movies, gigs, restaurants, weddings, parties, meeting with friends. Our senior students have lost their ‘prom’, the national football season has stopped after one round of matches. There’s plenty of loss to grieve about.

A million Australians have lost their job. No-one can go to shows, movies, gigs, restaurants, weddings, parties, meeting with friends. Our senior students have lost their ‘prom’, the national football season has stopped after one round of matches. There’s plenty of loss to grieve about.

Morrisman.........you have shown one side of this reality which is unfortunately probably the most important one at the moment.

I guess waterways being clearer and birds singing will not put food on the table nor pay bills.

Mate, if my post appeared to trivialise how this current situation is affecting you personally, I do apologise, sincerely.

And I do apologise for any other members here for any offense I may have caused.

Ben - there are upsides too, as you’ve pointed out. And obviously some people aren’t affected much at all.

I just wanted to illustrate the point that a lot of people are grieving some loss, even if they haven’t come into contact with the actual disease. We have students at school who lost Christmas due to the bushfires, now they’re losing most of their final year at school. And they’re not allowed to hug their friends or cry on someone’s shoulder. They are certainly prime candidates for some level of depression.

Not having a go at anyone - just trying to keep some perspective.

We have the same here. Something like 3.3 million new unemployment claims last week. We have no sports, bars, restaurants, schools, anywhere people can gather. Yesterday the governor in Arkansas said he is going to direct police to start enforcing no gatherings of more than 10. So police state.

I don't see this as loss. This is temporary change that will continue until this crap is gone. I'm glad the world is shutting down for a while because I don't want to catch this crap, and that's how you stop the spread. So this isn't a loss for me, it's a good thing that the world IS willing to shut down for a while to try to slow the spread.

If the world didn't shut down for a while, then I would be depressed and start grieving. Sorry this is bothering you that much.

My wife has us moving so got to leave soon so can show our house and still working on buying one . I’m against the whole idea right now timing wise strange people coming in, meeting inspectors, realtors, painters, etc. but if anyone could win this argument I’d like to see it. I can stayed married snd acquiesce or just leave. My frustration level is over the top but you can’t reason with it. We moved here in a panic cause some middle age crisis she left her practice and made some crappy decisions now here I am again- but I’m the idiot. Never mind just personal crap I don’t need

I have plenty keeping me busy and engaged... Drums, 3 different saxes and a clarinet.

Also learning / playing the piano parts for the songs my daughter has assigned for her voice lessons now being done virtually. Teacher could do it, but there’s no lag time if I play them from here while she sings.

sss.jpg

Besides this, I am playing tech support to my wife who is now teaching from home and my daughter who is learning from home in virtual classrooms.

My home gym keeps me in shape and with much of what I do being outside, I have plenty of roads and sidewalks to run/walk/ride.

Sadly, I lost my job at the end of 2019 so this makes it all that more challenging to regain employment once the doors reopen.

I am an introvert so this has zero effect on my social life.

I just watered my pineapple garden. My girlfriend might come over later. I should practice drums now.

I usually water my pineapple garden before the girlfriend comes over. Drives the wife mad.
My wife hates it when my girlfriend drops of our young kids cause ours are grown and she has no patience with the little bastards (which isn’t cursing since technically true). LOL it’s because I watered my pineapple garden to much in my defense. Dang pineapples.

Back