Tama green shamrock oyster drums

Rhythm666

I was looking at this set and it looks killer. Anybody has one and likes to share pics of it?
Also whats your opinion on them? Are they worth it?

Cheers

I don't have them, but I love that finish. The Starclassics are solid drums, you won't be disappointed.

These are incredible finishes that Tama does .. I don't think any other company has anything on this level with this style IMO. . Done by hand and if you examine it very closely you can see how they really have to get it right for the contrasts to come together in an attractive way. . For a similar finish to this.. all other companies put a piece of plastic around the drum and glue it down.

Are they worth it??.. Imagine how much DW would charge for finishes like this.

Tama drums are wonderful.

If you like the finish, sizes and price, and if you're ready to buy, have at it!

the-new-tama-drum-finishes-for-2017-13483-2-20170228233206.jpg

jlvpe3jvsso1nc8tphga.jpg

rkjl2jvehroeiwfrokb2.jpg

There is a 3pc set in the liquid red phantasm at my local GC. I go in regularly to daydream and admire the work that went into that finish.
I've painted many a car, boat, model, etc. I can't touch that level of craftsmanship.

The Starclassic W/B kit is a lot of kit for the money, it compares to a lot more expensive kits, no doubt. Excellent sound, hardware, quality. I, unfortunately, don't like any of their finishes enough to want to buy one myself, at this point. In my opinion they had better finish options on their B/B kits, that the W/B took over for. If you like the finish yourself, I'd say go for it 🙂. It's all personal preference. A bit too bright of a green finish for me to really dig, but I guess it stands out on a stage.

Last edited:
Tell INDE to paint it for you ... I bet No chance.
Well, Josh isn't doing wraps.

I don't think he could match the Tama finish exactly, and probably wouldn't be interested in doing so. But I'd bet he could pick out the right colors and get a similar vibe. The bands are probably going to be narrower.

I'm kind of also Tama guy myself, but credit should go where it is due. The inde resoarmor finishes cost a chunk more than the default for a reason.

Well, Josh isn't doing wraps.

I don't think he could match the Tama finish exactly, and probably wouldn't be interested in doing so. But I'd bet he could pick out the right colors and get a similar vibe. The bands are probably going to be narrower.

I'm kind of also Tama guy myself, but credit should go where it is due. The inde resoarmor finishes cost a chunk more than the default for a reason.
The Resoarmor is very well designed and well suited for its purpose. The resistance to wear and tear shows the thought put in. The man knows drums get played and moved around when you're gigging.
Really what INDe is offering a player is a really road worthy version of Tama's finish.
Anyway, that's how I see it, however it's been established I'm a bit of a feckless twit.

I was looking at this set and it looks killer. Anybody has one and likes to share pics of it?

Cheers
Looks are great if you like that paint scheme. Tama's painted patterns are never the same, but similar (especially with that green). It's way cool that they offer these kinds of finished.

If you like the tom mount on the bass drum, that's a plus. That color scheme is only available in that birch/walnut shell design.

The only question is: how does the birch/walnut construction sound? Only you can answer that, probably by watching a few hundred videos. And only after you use the kit for a while will you be able to determine how it sounds compared to shells of different wood.

Edit: I have a Tama lacquer painted kit. Bought it c.2005. I've kept it clean and it doesn't get out too much, so the finish is in great shape.

I personally like the green shamrock finish. I haven’t played the W/Bs but I have a 5 year old set of B/Bs and I love them. If that finish would have been around in ‘16 I would have went for it. One of my favorite parts of the kit is the hardware.

I had one of these on order through Sweetwater. Months later and I ended up getting impatient and just had them ship me the Jade Silk finish Starclassic instead. I'm actually glad I did because the Jade Silk looks much cooler in person. The way it glistens in the light is mesmerizing. The Shamrock Oyster kinda looks like someone wrapped dirty seaweed around it when you see it in person.

Finish aside, the kit is wonderful and highly recommend it.

The Phantasm Oyster looks a bit like Psychedelic Red... And it's hard to imagine they are painted! Considering the finish and the sound, I find it really cost-effective.

Back