RocknRoller carts

Ghawk

Hello

Anyone use the RockNRoller carts? I was thinking of getting one. Any recommendations on what size cart to get? Any negatives?

Thanks

I have one and it's the best money I've spent on gear in years. Took my load in/out trips from four or five down to two. Mine has held up very well and I think it's about four years old now. As long as it doesn't get abuse it will last a very long time. I didn't want to pay that much for a cart at first but I am very glad that I did. On long walk load-ins the whole band will use it.

I have one ..... and it's a fabulous piece of gear. Several members hear use them. I don't think you'll hear any negatives.

I have the R8 and it's been GR8! (haha)

It opens up pretty wide, but I drilled an extra 'set' hole so it would fit fully set-up into the back of my Odyssey. It goes in as-is and saves a little time not having to open and close it. It's the last thing to go into my minivan and then of course the first to come out. Cut my trips in and out from two (using a rolling trap case as a dolly) to one (with 6 bags and a rug!)

I leave it in the car at all times and it comes in handy for large package transport now and then.

_cart-drums.jpg

I use an R8 and an R18RT. The R8 is great for all around use on paved/concrete surfaces with a 500 pound capacity rating. The R18RT has no-flat tires for all surfaces including rugged outdoors/grass/gravel etc. and has a 700 pound capacity.

Wish I had gotten them decades earlier. That might have prevented my back injury in my mid-50's.

Definitely get one. The only regret you'll have is wishing you had done it earlier.

R8-It has moved everything from cased drum sets to furniture to cinder blocks with no sweat!

I also have an R8, started using it from the day I bought it.
Heavy duty and reliable, definitely quality. The only thing I've done to make it even better is spray it with Ballistol Oil to keep every part lubricated and longer lasting.
Buy once!

Wow it's great to hear of your positive experiences. The R6 is on sale for £105 and the R8 for £135. I think I'll spend the bit extra and get the R8

Wow it's great to hear of your positive experiences. The R6 is on sale for £105 and the R8 for £135. I think I'll spend the bit extra and get the R8
Definitely get the R8 if you can swing it. It compacts down for travel, but you don't want to buy a smaller one and find out after you needed a bit more space...

As someone who has bought and sold more drums and cymbals than I can even recall, I say that 2019 yielded the best two purchases of my entire music career: Custom molded ear plugs and my rock and roller R8 cart. Absolute game changer for the gigging drummer.

Yup, same here with both. Have had the cart for what seems like 6 years so far and still going strong!

I have the R12 for a couple years and it changed everything for me. It has the big wheels on both ends. The first thing I used it for was actually moving a new bed and mattress into my bedroom. It's a great piece of gear and I recommend it strongly. I first heard about it through the Drummer's Weekly Groovecast podcast. They listed it as one of their essential items and they were not wrong.

I have the R8, R10, and R12.

I started w/ the 12 and it was overkill, plus it's a bit heavy. I found the 8 and 10 on a closeout site together for the price of the 8 so I snagged both.

I use the R8 nearly 100% of the time. I'll use the R10 if I have to transport my drums and band lights.

The R12 is currently holding PA gear at the storage unit.

Hello

Anyone use the RockNRoller carts? I was thinking of getting one. Any recommendations on what size cart to get? Any negatives?

Thanks

I give RockNRoller carts the maximum number of stars. It's the R12 for me, mostly because I like its all-terrain wheels. I play a four-piece kit and can get all cases, including hardware, on the R12 with ease, though I always carry my snare case and cymbal bag in separately, just because they're the final two pieces I introduce to any gig.

Just ordered myself the R8 for £135. Thanks for you help, looking forward to using it at the next gig

Back