Practice Pads

I just contacted RTOM about Aus. retailers. and the volume of their practice products.

Damn, thanks man. I saw the 2nd one, missed the first one, I'l consult the parentals. It claims to be "almost silent". The whole rubber thing will never get quiet enough for me I think.
As for piece by piece, those look good, but BD practice pad? A full remo one looks pretty good. I think I'm going to make my own BD pratice pad. My teacher has a practice kit I may borrow......but my guitarist has it. I'll see if I can get it back. It's not loud, but it isn't quiet either.
I think I may just get the 1st one........

Yea just get em both and tell me which ones better. I think ive decided to do option 3. Im sure ill be able to find3 different pitched pads. Does anyone know if you can buy just the snare pad from the Thomas Lang kit? I like that pad..

I think I'll go with the RTOM, as it is basically a snare, just 1000 times less output (apparently). I'm saving for a 2002C Eliminator, so I can't really go all out just on pads. I think the Rtom snare goes for around $100AU. I'm heading to Canberra (to go to Albury......Yay...) maybe next weekend, there's a big drum shop there apparently, so they may have an array of pads.

I remember seeing that the snare pad can be bought individually.

Nahget the Vdrum 1. And yea theres the 'comrehensive kit' which is the snare pad but it also comes with the base, cable, reverse bearter and the music stand and whatever other little things, i just want the snare pad. Does anyone at all own one? Someone has to.

Why the vdrum one? The metronome and the input thingo? 'Spose.... Dunno, I'll have to see what the RTOM people say.

I remeber seeing in a Modern Drummer about the 'rythym coach'? Anyone no of it? Its like a metronome, drumometre, and it tells you how accurate you are. Like you can play any phrase and it will tell you things to do to improove it or something.

how'd you guys manage to get so far off base without anyone steping in and helping you out?

as far as practice pad sets go they are a huge waste of money. get yourself a realfeel pad.i started out with a remo pad, but they are kinda noisy. the 2-sided realfeel pads are the way to go. the gum rubber side has a real nice bounce to it, and the hard rubber side will give you a nice workout.

as far as kick pads go, i've only seen two on the market, gibraltar and pearl. the gibraltar looks like a remo pad stuck to a short frame, and the pearl is a small sheet of gum rubber on a frame. i've seen an instructional video where a drummer uses the pearl pad and it looks nice. quiet, but still gives a nice audible thump.

with just 2 pads you can practice pretty much anything you want and develope your chops.

if you really want to spend the money on a practice pad set consider a low-end electric kit.

the roland td-3 module comes with the rhythmcoach built into it. basically its a metronome that keeps track (via led display) of how accurate your strokes are. its got a few different exercises built into it, but i personally found it useless. all you need is a metronome and you'll be set.

Yea i asked about the real feels b4 but no one answered. Im thinking they're (pad sets) are a bit too much so im just going to it pad by pad, unless whats the red rimmed REMO set like cause theres on on ebay for $50AUD! That remo VDRUM pad looks pretty good as long as it has a stand.

Whats the diff between the orangey coloured real feel pads (dbl side) and the grey ones is it just a new colour? And can u get a stand for the 2 sided pad? I know it would be a bit different because theres the other side of the pad, but ive seen magnetic stands b4...But how do u mount the two sided real feel pad? Cause if u put it in a normal snare stand the rubber caps would hang over the top and would get in the way...wouldnt they? And u can use brushes on the real feel right.

Like say this. This is one of the ones with the grey/black pad instead of orange/black.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Real-Feel-Pr...goryZ622QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

i've got a different version of the xymox (or whatever its called) snare pad with the ball bearings. i like it, it's nice and would definitely work for a nice snare sound on a practice kit. as for reelfeel, i've played on them several times and they are nice pads as well. as far as i know, the grey is just a change in color, not function. mounting them on a snare stand works fine, the 12" model (which i prefer and you linked to) is definitely big enough that the rubber grips on the snare stand dont cause any trouble. the one gripe i have with realfeel pads is that you have to modify your technique for rim hits, because the rim is lower than the pad rather than higher, like on a snare. also, i find i get a better sound for rimshots not by actually hitting the rim and pad simultaneously but instead ignoring the rim and hitting the pad with the stick flat. this gives a nice rimshot sound and isnt too different from the normal movement

ps-tell me how that RTOM pad works out, im looking for a nice very quiet pad and that's looking like a good option right now

recomendation for practice pad

hi! i going to buy a practice pad but i don't know what pad to choose 'cause there are different materials. I like the black ones but i don' t. Could you please tell me wha practice pad to choose? A practice pad with stand. I would be glad to know. bye!

a practice pad. but which one?

hi! i going to buy a practice pad but i don't know what pad to choose 'cause there are different materials. I like the black ones but i don' t. Could you please tell me wha practice pad to choose? A practice pad with stand. I would be glad to know. bye!

Re: a practice pad. but which one?

salvador_nave said:

Get a Hugh Cameron practice pad! Awesome pad, jut use a snare stand,

Re: recomendation for practice pad

salvador_nave said:

I said this in the same thread you posted Hugh Cameron pratice pad

Re: a practice pad. but which one?

Hugh Cameron? i've never heard that name. But, do you know where i can buy one of the here in usa?

Back