I Have Been Off For Around 2 Weeks - And This Is Why:

I Got Married!​

Believe it or not - there is a beautiful, intelligent, loving, warmhearted, awesome and incredibly cute girl who dared to marry me! We've been together for 9 years now, I did the marriage proposal two years ago and this year we finally fixed it - after both of us turned 50 this year.

View attachment 123098

Since we both are atheists the main marriage happened at the registry office only. This is us leaving the office, being received by way over 100 people waiting for us with a soap bubble machine and lots of Prosecco:

View attachment 123099

View attachment 123100

We were then transferred to the event location by the president of the local biker gang in his stunning Mercedes Benz 220S:

View attachment 123101

View attachment 123102

View attachment 123103

There's no wedding photos by now since our photographer currently is on holiday. Maybe I'll post some later. We hosted around 125 guests, offering a 5 star barbecue with king prawns, lamb fillet, entrecote, spare ribs and lots of side dishes, salads aso, the bartender served whatever the bar had to offer, we had currywurst as midnight snack and two awesome DJ's who set the dance floor on fire:

View attachment 123104

Here's a shot of the party locations outdoor area, an approx. 800 year old knight's estate:

View attachment 123105

And btw - you HAVE to get one of these photo boxes with some fancy gimmicks for your next party - it's hilarious! Here's two shots, the first one is my IT company, the second one part of my former band Jammin*INC:

View attachment 123106

View attachment 123107

Afterwards we went on a 7 day honeymoon on the island Rügen (see next post)...
Congratulations Markus!!!! Beautiful bride and looks like you all celebrated the occasion properly!

Well done mate, and may you and Gabi enjoy a long and happy marriage!

EDIT: By the way, THIS is a fabulously classy and awesome getaway car!

Attachments

• MB 220S.jpg
    MB 220S.jpg
    833.8 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
We booked a 5 star superior hotel with a rooftop pool and sauna - and this is how it looks what they call "booked out":

View attachment 123108

Here you can see my wedding ring replacement:

View attachment 123109

It says "Aber sowas von!" which is what my wife answered when I asked her the question.

Here's us enjoying a bottle of wine at the beach late in the evening:

View attachment 123110

And a last one:

View attachment 123111

Seems I'm one of the most happy guys on the friggin' planet :)
Congratulations Markus and Gabi!
Love and Cherish and Support eachother always!

Congrats my friend!!! You guys took just about the same path we did!! Date for 9 years, engaged for 3.. Non-religous, very non traditional wedding

here is to a lifetime of peace and happiness!!!

Best thanks for all your wishes, guys! Really appreciated! And also best wishes from Gabi - who begins to appreciate marrying a drummer - thanks to all of your lovely responses :)

Hells Kitchen Thank You GIF by HULU

Last edited:
EDIT: By the way, THIS is a fabulously classy and awesome getaway car!

Absolutely! Kind of a last-minute arrangement, threaded by my best man and a very good friend of mine. I was absolutely stunned!

Absolutely! Kind of a last-minute arrangement, threaded by my best man and a very good friend of mine. I was absolutely stunned!
What a best man and great friend, such an awesome event and memory.
Tonight Show Drinking GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

my wife kept hers...I totally love and respect the history that her heritage and past brings to the table. All of that did not go away when we got married. <---- that is a thing that still really confuses a lot of people for some reason here. We spent a lot of time talking about it too.

It has been confusing at times when opening bank accounts or doing some other official things

Back