Anniversary Zildjian ride

Cmdr. Ross

Platinum Member
In celebration of what would be Armand Zildjian’s 100th birthday, Zildjian is pleased and proud to release a very limited batch of these genuine 1940’s-1950’s era vintage 20” A Zildjian cymbals from Armand’s personal collection.
With each cymbal we will include a pair of limited edition Armand Zildjian signature sticks, a pair of Zildjian inspection gloves, a signed and numbered Certificate of Authenticity, a limited edition book about Armand and a limited edition vintage style Calzone case. Cymbal.jpg

Thoughts?

In celebration of what would be Armand Zildjian’s 100th birthday, Zildjian is pleased and proud to release a very limited batch of these genuine 1940’s-1950’s era vintage 20” A Zildjian cymbals from Armand’s personal collection.
With each cymbal we will include a pair of limited edition Armand Zildjian signature sticks, a pair of Zildjian inspection gloves, a signed and numbered Certificate of Authenticity, a limited edition book about Armand and a limited edition vintage style Calzone case.

Thoughts?
Very nice, but let’s get down to brass tacks...how much? :unsure:

This is more of a platinum album than a cymbal. It's a conversation-starting artifact, but it isn't something I'd purchase. I'm a drummer, not a collector. Certificates of authenticity don't mean much to me with gear. A disk of bronze isn't a pedigree hunting dog.

Very nice, but let’s get down to brass tacks...how much? :unsure:

First thing that i thought too when i saw the video on YouTube yesterday. But those cymbals do look tasty!

Wow... €1999...

Way too expensive!!!!

Well a fool and their money soon go their separate ways!

It's not like they've ever stopped making As or issued a line that replicates old As with the Avedis series. This is reminding me of the Take 5 ride reissue which sounds nothing like the Take 5 ride. Shameless marketing!

You see 40s and 50s era A Zildjians on the used market all the time.

I see the white gloves and think Spinal Tap when they're looking at the guitar with the tag still on, "It can't be played!" Either that or it used to belong to Mickey Mouse ;)

$2000 for a cymbal I probably shouldnt play? I'm not understanding the draw here.

Only drummers know who Armand Zildjian is. It's not like he has Michael Jordan or Tiger Woods status.

White gloves? It's not the Stanley Cup. Signature sticks? Cant use those either. Calzone case? How dare they assume all drummers work at Pizza Hut.

This is a resounding NO for me.

Well, $2000 is still well under Spizzichino rides on the market. Spizz does sound really freakin great but the prices are just too crazy me. But at least I would play it if I had one, not sure I would play this or even you are supposed to given the gloves and all. I imagine these were in a personal collection if Armand liked the sound alot, perhaps for endorsers to check out or something but I don't see any details on why that is or if they were just lost inventory.

Well, $2000 is still well under Spizzichino rides on the market. Spizz does sound really freakin great but the prices are just too crazy me. But at least I would play it if I had one, not sure I would play this or even you are supposed to given the gloves and all. I imagine these were in a personal collection if Armand liked the sound alot, perhaps for endorsers to check out or something but I don't see any details on why that is or if they were just lost inventory.

I just can’t see paying that kind of money for a Spizz ride. Or any ride. Want a slightly different sound from the instrument? HIT IT DIFFERENTLY. There. I saved a lot of people like $2000 LOL

Back