mikyok
Reaction score

Latest activity Postings About

• mikyok
      mikyok replied to the thread Dark but not trashy?.
      K Darks are amazing cymbals. I use a 19" & 20" Crash. The jewel in the crown is the 22 K Con Renaissance it's warm, dark but not at all...
    • mikyok
      mikyok reacted to Drum Mer's post in the thread Dark but not trashy? with Like Like.
      The K Constantinople series.
    • mikyok
      mikyok reacted to yammyfan's post in the thread Dark but not trashy? with Like Like.
      Zildjians 'regular' K dark thin cymbals are dark but not trashy. They're pretty well balanced.
    • mikyok
      mikyok reacted to JoeVermont's post in the thread Mono Mixes with Like Like.
      Try listening to a mono mix on... one speaker! A very experienced sound engineer and producer once told me it was the only way to...
    • mikyok
      mikyok replied to the thread About bass drum amp..
      Another vote for the decent bass drum mic. The Audix D6 is my favourite weapon of choice although there's plenty to choose from. You...
    • mikyok
      mikyok reacted to Chris Whitten's post in the thread About bass drum amp. with Like!! Like!!.
      Forget compression! Get an affordable mic and cable and run it into the band mixer, with the singer and sax. A used 57 will do, or...
    • mikyok
      mikyok replied to the thread Mono Mixes.
      Technologically the US was miles ahead of us here in blighty in the 60s when it can to recording and generally records were better...
    • mikyok
      mikyok reacted to buddhadrummer's post in the thread Mono Mixes with Like!! Like!!.
      Geoff Emerick says in his book about engineering the Beatles from Rubber Soul through the White Album, Here, There and Everywhere...
    • mikyok
      mikyok reacted to Chris Whitten's post in the thread Are Low End Drums a Waste of Time? with Like!! Like!!.
      Sure, but this is the sister thread to 'are high end drums a giant waste of money?' The key phrase for both discussions is all things...
    • mikyok
      mikyok reacted to Neal Pert's post in the thread Are Low End Drums a Waste of Time? with Like Like.
      I hate to be this guy, but if you can't make music happen with a set of stage customs, an acrolite, and some As, the gear is NOT the...
    • mikyok
      mikyok reacted to Chris Whitten's post in the thread Are Low End Drums a Waste of Time? with Like Like.
      I had an orphan set of badly maintained Olympic and Rogers UK. It sounded awful and was hard to play. Modern entry level kits are pretty...
    • mikyok
      mikyok reacted to JimmyM's post in the thread Are Low End Drums a Waste of Time? with Like Like.
      Why do people worry so much about what others do? Who cares?
    • mikyok
      mikyok reacted to Andy's post in the thread Are Low End Drums a Waste of Time? with Like Like.
      Really low end drums have great educational benefit when starting out. You learn how to pull useable sounds out of them, both in terms...
    • mikyok
      mikyok reacted to Huw Owens's post in the thread Mono Mixes with Like!! Like!!.
      Some of my favourite orchestral recordings are old mono ones. The classic RTF ones especially. Stereo went through a weird phase in th...
    • mikyok
      mikyok replied to the thread Mono Mixes.
      Like this
  • Loading…
  • Loading…