$7,000 Glass drum kit

IBitePrettyHard

For gigging drummers? :unsure: :unsure:

https://reverb.com/item/41120615-orlich-glass-brass-etched-the-art-of-music-5pc-drum-set

O41MsDk.jpg

ADsnP65.png

xyjXxhT.png

QvIe7Pi.png

Brass and glass? Those can't be lightweight, that's for sure.

There's a video (which is over 10 years old and quite low rez) of these exact drum on YouTube. Sadly the video quality robs you of any chance of hearing any sonic differences between these any any other drum you might have heard.

But they certainly look cool...

I imagine them reflecting all the sound and not absorbing any of it.

Just like at my gigs.

I believe wood absorbs certain frequencies depending on the species.

I want to say that's what makes walnut sound different than maple.

I'd bet these drums would sound kind of like Vistalites.

Glass is harder than acrylic though.

I picture a bright, rude tone coming out of them, but I'm just spitballin'

Interesting article with Alan White and Tris Imboden. Sounds like head doesn't actually touch glass but brass since they talked about adjustable bearing edges.

Sooner or later the perfect frequency will activate thst mother and it shatter int a million pieces. But no fear Gorilla glue can patch it right up but then it will be like any ply kit and a bunch of glue. Somebody always wants to break a glass ceiling. So I want mine made of diamond so it won’t shatter.
Uh huh shattered, uh huh shattered
Love and hope and sex and dreams
Are still surviving on the street
Look at me, I'm in tatters!…

Who wants to run their finger across the bearing edges to check for rough spots?

Last edited:
$500 for shipping seems cheap, considering they might not travel well.

I live right near there, and I was just there yesterday looking at that kit, among others they currently have in stock.

Those drums are NOT light. Oh boy. Not a gigging kit. Unless you are He-Man or something.

Back