Winston_Wolf
Reaction score

Latest activity Postings About

• Winston_Wolf
      Detailed photos of the drums will be much more helpful in figuring out when they were made than serial numbers alone.
    • Winston_Wolf
      Winston_Wolf reacted to Bo Eder's post in the thread Used Ludwig CM or used Renown? with Like Like.
      I’m an authentic guy. If given the choice I always lean towards the real Gretsch or Ludwig. Ludwig Classic maples are the real. I...
    • Winston_Wolf
      Winston_Wolf replied to the thread PST7 for home kit?.
      I have the 18" crash and the 18" thin crash and I like them both a lot. A 19" crash is on the horizon for me, though I wish they'd add...
    • Winston_Wolf
      Winston_Wolf reacted to Neal Pert's post in the thread PST7 for home kit? with Like Like.
      I'm a Paiste user (Masters and 602 Modern Essentials, mostly). A friend got the PST7 box set and we just tried them out in his new...
    • Winston_Wolf
      Winston_Wolf reacted to WuHan Solo's post in the thread Bass drum tuning with Love Love.
    • Winston_Wolf
      Winston_Wolf reacted to AzHeat's post in the thread Cutting Down Bass Drum Shell with Like Like.
      You’ll have to measure and see. Depends on the lug span and tom tree position, etc. you’ll likely have less trouble trimming from the...
    • Winston_Wolf
      Winston_Wolf replied to the thread New Ludwig!.
      No, they weren't imports originally, though as you mention Rocker was eventually. My thought was Ludwig should go with a name that...
    • Winston_Wolf
      Winston_Wolf reacted to wildbill's post in the thread New Ludwig! with Like Like.
      I don't think Rockers and Standards were imports though. I think Rockers eventually were imports, but then the reputation went down...
    • Winston_Wolf
      I think Pearl learned a big lesson when they discontinued the Export line. It must have seemed like a good idea at the time, but the...
    • Winston_Wolf
      Winston_Wolf reacted to wildbill's post in the thread New Ludwig! with Like Like.
      I completely agree with this. Lack of focus and commitment on the lower end imports. IMO, they need to establish a niche, develop and...
    • Winston_Wolf
      Winston_Wolf replied to the thread Why is this config popular?.
      I love 13" toms, and I find them more versatile than 12" toms. Maybe it's my perspective, but I feel like for quite a while all of...
    • Winston_Wolf
      Winston_Wolf reacted to RobertM's post in the thread Nordic vs Keller shells with Love Love.
      This list is correct, from what I’ve researched—at least regarding N&C, Spaun, Pork Pie. They all use Nordic, as do Reverie Drums and...
    • Winston_Wolf
      Winston_Wolf reacted to alparrott's post in the thread New Ludwig! with Like Like.
      IMO, they ought to just bring back the Standard line with the same general concept. Top-tier shells with unique hardware and finishes.
    • Winston_Wolf
      Ludwig has constantly stumbled in the entry to intermediate tier for a very long time. Their lower end sets have no identity because...
    • Winston_Wolf
      Winston_Wolf reacted to charliedrummer's post in the thread New Ludwig! with Like Like.
      You make some good observations about Ludwig's lower line of drum kits. I do, however, think Ludwig does quite well in their lower end...
  • Loading…
  • Loading…