13" YAMAHA Steve Gadd Snare, used and very abused.

TheJarvis

Got this snare years ago and it was showing signs of a heavy neglected life.

Just got a quote for powder coating the hoops again, $120AUD for both isn't bad....hopefully it will last.

Got this snare years ago and it was showing signs of a heavy neglected life.

Just got a quote for powder coating the hoops again, $120AUD for both isn't bad....hopefully it will last.

Being a bit of a ‘cranker’ myself, I have to say your experiences with the Weckl and Gadd snares has made me very weary of Yamaha snare drums generally. Lovely looking/sounding drum but I’d be constantly worried about it failing on me? Cool vid mate! :) (y)

That's a sweet snare!

The paint always wears off. There's no stopping it. That's why I've never been a fan of painted hoops.

Hopefully, the powder coating will be better!

Pretty rare snare you have there. See the 14 inchers all the time. Not so much the 13.

BIG fan of 13's..especially the 5's. Just got a DW aluminum 3mm in a 5.5x13. That Steve Gadd drum sounds great!. Oh..i super dug your cool groove. Man..the snare is nice!.

That's a sweet snare!

The paint always wears off. There's no stopping it. That's why I've never been a fan of painted hoops.

Hopefully, the powder coating will be better!
It's a brilliant drum but yes the coating detracts from it. I am dropping the hoops of after lockdown number 5.

Pretty rare snare you have there. See the 14 inchers all the time. Not so much the 13.
They come up for sale and cheap here in Australia, usually about $400AUD, we must have got a few in back in the day.

BIG fan of 13's..especially the 5's. Just got a DW aluminum 3mm in a 5.5x13. That Steve Gadd drum sounds great!. Oh..i super dug your cool groove. Man..the snare is nice!.
Thanks man, the playing is a real butchered version of something GADD like. I wouldn't mind hearing the DW, that sizing sounds delicious.

Back