“I was kicked out of The Dead Daisies (Monday)… More to come … “

Son of Vistalite Black

Former Whitesnake, Billy Idol and Ozzy Osbourne drummer Brian Tichy tweeted Monday that he has left The Dead Daisies – the band of hair metal “stars” founded and funded by guitarist David Lowy – the son of Australian billionaire Frank Lowy.

According to PlanetRadio (in the U.K.), the 55-year-old Tichy was replaced after 26 months by former Ozzy/ Black Sabbath drummer Tommy Clufetos. The Dead Daisies ever-changing lineup has also included a half-dozen drummers — Charley Drayton (2013-2014), Alex Carepetis (2013), Frank Ferrer of Guns ‘n Roses (2013), John Tempesta (2014) and Deen Castronovo.

The band current includes Lowy, one-time Motley Crue singer John Corabi, former Whitesnake guitarist Doug Aldrich and bassist Michael Devin.

Planet Radio reports the “band” has announced an 11-date US tour for this summer, the band revealed that they have kicked off 2024 by commencing work on a new studio album.

Vocalist John Corabi says: "We're very excited about a TON of things happening as of late.

"We've been working really hard on new material with our good pal Marti Frederiksen down at FAME studios in Muscle Shoals, and at Sienna studios in Nashville. We can't wait for you all to hear what we’re doing and have done!!!

IMG_0814.jpeg

Last edited:
I've never understood how they remained popular or continue to draw fans when it's been an ever-changing lineup of different singers, different drummers, different lead guitars, and different bass players. Not to mention several keyboard players.

Not sure how a fan buys a ticket to a show when you're not sure who's going to show up.

what happened to the..

Last edited:
I have never heard of this band, and most of those musicians....

did I fall asleep for 20 years?

I think with a gig like this, or any that has a track record of multiple "former members," you really have to go into it knowing it's temporary.
My main gig for the last 3+ years is a similar situation. According to Wikipedia I'm drummer number 8. However, I'm sure I'm closer to number 38. Just in the last 12 months we've had 4 different guitarists and 4 different bassists. I took the job knowing the history of the group and its frequent turn over rate.

10 bands with the most members:​

1. Dexy’s Midnight Runners – 53 members
  2. Iron Butterfly – 59 members
  3. Hawkwind – 60 members
  4. The Fall – 66 members
  5. The Drifters – 67 members
  6. Santana – 68 members
  7. Savoy Brown – 69 members
  8. The Waterboys – 76 members
  9. Blood Sweat and Tears – 183 members
  10. AKB48 – 292 members

He’d have been better off saying nothing tbh… :unsure:
Yup, it comes off as a bit of a grudge. Or, drama, at the least. Of course, I don't know what's going on, but, still, it's too bad. It may affect his bottom line.

Despite having had Doug Aldrich on guitar and Brian and Deen on drums at different times the Dead Daisies have always been kind of a mid tier band, until they got Glenn Hughes in 2019. He was a huge upgrade for them and it showed in the songwriting and performance, but then after leaving they went back to being kind of meh. Now with Brian out and Tommy (another huge downgrade) I'm no longer interested (even though Doug is one of my favorite guitarists).

Anyways Brian is better off without them and hopefully he'll have a new (better) gig soon. As with anything in that band we know who's behind any drama (the other guitarist who uses this band as a way for him to play rockstar and pretend like he has some rock and roll cred).

I've seen Tichy numerous times in different situations. Foreigner, Ozzy, Zep tributes, and once in his short-lived band Ball where we played guitar and sang.

I think he's an incredible player. He blew me away when I saw him with Ozzy And he seems nice when I've met him briefly here and there.

But he never seems to be in any given band for long. I know when he was with Ozzy he was just subbing for Mike Bordin, but why Ozzy didn't just keep him is beyond me.

As for the Daisies, I've never paid a whole lot of attention to them. I know the name and many of the players involved, but that's about it.

I think the fired drummer shouldn't have posted what he did. It will do him no good in landing another gig. Nobody wants to hire a guy who bashes a former employer, even if that former employer was in the wrong.

I've been fired a few times in my civilian career. It's never been for "cause", just stupid stuff like downsizing, etc... In both cases, I was careful not to bad mouth my former employer to anyone outside of VERY close friends. The last thing you want to do is initiate some sort of online drama. I always kept my big mouth shut and only said positive things about former employers; even the really terrible ones.

During an interview with a new employer, the subject of my old gig always would come up. My responses might be something like:

"We had a difference in management styles."
"We made a joint decision to go different directions."
"Our separation was for the good of the organization as a whole."

It's very rare that a potential employer will dig deeper than your first response. They know the deal and they know the game. You have to abide by the rules of the game. You start bashing a former employer, and you might as well pull your application. On the flip side, displaying professionalism when being wrongly terminated is seen as a big plus.

That wasn't my experience. The sphere I worked in is pretty small and everyone who isn't just bottom tier grunt level knows the personalities involved, largely through their dealings with most of the other competing companies or some/most of their people. Even some of the grunt level people know.

The painful exceptions at inopportune times for people who didn't know was 1 group: the upper level management for clients we all lobbied for work. They were shielded from the reputations by people politely passing positive comments and not divulging actual experiences. So when a couple of employment positions came open at the major client, these problematic people filled them through that unknowing management operating on not hearing the negative reps. Our companies collectively groaned at the aspect of now having to glad hand these dipshits for contracts. The big client learned over a 1.5 years how they effed up and now were stuck with tenured people with literally zero respect from the professional community. Those lousy employees who were 1st given positions to guide groups and divisions steadily had that power taken away as they caused the same chaos at their new employer between groups within the client company.

It was an astoundingly unfortunate situation for everyone and every company, without me adding any rhetorical embellishment. Try to contemplate 1 of these people that has worked at 3 engineering firms over 15-18 years and not 1 person, not 1, has any work or personal respect for him. When I hired under him a 2nd time his supervisor suggested respect for him as a supervisor, but none have ever once extended him any work performance or personal respect.

Now contemplate that these 2 men were former scouts, one an Eagle scout. People sorta had a little respect for the former Eagle scout, because he could actually design something if forced to. None for the former boy scout who is still a scoutmaster.

I think the fired drummer shouldn't have posted what he did. It will do him no good in landing another gig. Nobody wants to hire a guy who bashes a former employer, even if that former employer was in the wrong.
Brian is pretty well known and liked in the rock community. It's not going to hurt him at all. Anyone who's worked with him knows that he's a great guy and a true professional (along with being a monster player). No band/artist who would consider hiring him would change their mind because he posted that he was kicked out, not that he left on his own as DD is claiming. And he'll continue to get calls for session work as he always has.

Plus he's already got a gig lined up: Gene Simmons.

Reactions: A J
Back