Which Cymbal I should buy

Maybe I consider this option But I want Pure Alloy because it has really beautiful sound and I cannot find used in my country Maybe when I will be buying rock cymbals I will buy used because I can find a lot of used rock cymbals here

Pure Alloy it the professional cymbal. The 900 isn't.

A cymbal will only crack if you hit it wrong, if you play with glancing blows you're fine. If you're hitting into the cymbal, it's an expensive way to find out your playing them wrong!

Personally I'd get a used medium 2002, A Medium, AA. They're readily available for a steal and are very versatile. You might even have enough cash left over to buy a ting and ding ride for metal if you need a manhole cover ride ;) Heavy rides are very cheap used at the moment.
Agree. I bought used14" 2002 sound edge hats and a used 22" medium ride and they sound great on Rock, Jazz-Rock, big Band, Funk and Ska. Good prices too. Check out Guitar Center for Used.

Agree. I bought used14" 2002 sound edge hats and a used 22" medium ride and they sound great on Rock, Jazz-Rock, big Band, Funk and Ska. Good prices too. Check out Guitar Center for Used.
I've got 22" A Medium that I paid £57 about 6 years back. I've used it for everything and it's made me a lot of money in that time.

Medium rides just do everything in style

He’s referring to Paiste ^^^. But that Sabian AAX looks like it can cover a lot territory/styles.

I'd say this is something you can't ask advice on. We don't know your tastes and preferences. If you don't know what you want, how could we? You are not ready to buy yet that's for sure. I'd put in the time at mycymbal.com and figure it out for yourself what you want. It is a process. It's kind of like saying, which girl will turn me on if I date her? Only you can answer that. Your ears, your choice.
OR - just get either a Paiste 2002 ride, Zildjian A Medium ride, or the Sabian AA medium ride. Historically those cymbals have been used in both jazz and rock contexts so you really can’t go wrong with either. After you experience a good all-purpose cymbal, you will be better prepared to hone down exactly what you want after your ears have been trained what to listen for.

Larry is right, if you don’t know, you need to do your research and learn. OTOH, buying cymbals and living with them is part of your research too. I went through at least ten different rides before I settled in on what I liked, and some people just have collections of stuff they’ve acquired over the years, pulling out what they need for a specific sound they need. Maybe you’ll be one of these latter people with a collection.

OR - just get either a Paiste 2002 ride, Zildjian A Medium ride, or the Sabian AA medium ride. Historically those cymbals have been used in both jazz and rock contexts so you really can’t go wrong with either. After you experience a good all-purpose cymbal, you will be better prepared to hone down exactly what you want after your ears have been trained what to listen for.

Larry is right, if you don’t know, you need to do your research and learn. OTOH, buying cymbals and living with them is part of your research too. I went through at least ten different rides before I settled in on what I liked, and some people just have collections of stuff they’ve acquired over the years, pulling out what they need for a specific sound they need. Maybe you’ll be one of these latter people with a collection.
Yup , on my 4th Ride noe... 2002 22" its great. a bit loud for jazz but amazing for anything else

Hello, I want to buy new cymbal but I dont know which one I should pick. I want to play Rock, Funk, Jazz, Swing (Sometimes metal ) But my Main styles are Rock and Jazz. And now its difficult because these are very different styles. Can someone help me?
you could go back to basics and pick used second or third hand Avedis Zild medium-thin early 60s up to early 70s Ride. 2000g area for a 20" ; 2500g for a 22"- as close to that weight area you can find (before they're all gone)
You can transition all style's and be learning expanding all at the same time.

Back