What's your latest purchase?

Hmmmm.

Im thinking water jet for mine, would need (want) more precise numbers.

Looking at yours... yeah can see they vary in distance.

Well, I'll have to go to math conversions using 18" OZONE specs.

Les, check out this video as a reference point. The Bosphorus 17" Turk has 6 holes the size of mine plus two additional smaller holes. That cymbal is parked in the video between 0:41--1:02. Hope this helps.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kek-HGZQTdU

12 cubic foot of light zebrano, 5 cubic foot of beech. Got something special planned, including a 22" x 12" Origin bass drum :) (example pictures)

Attachments

• zebrawood.jpg
    zebrawood.jpg
    399.9 KB · Views: 560
  • beech_4.jpg
    beech_4.jpg
    388.2 KB · Views: 569
Beech...great wood judging by the heavy Sonor shells of years ago.

My 16" Armand thin crash finally got here today. It sounds great. It's very shimmery with some beautiful overtones. Got it in awesome condition on the
bay for $102.

Attachments

• IMG_3128.JPG
    IMG_3128.JPG
    93.4 KB · Views: 535
  • IMG_3131.JPG
    IMG_3131.JPG
    87.3 KB · Views: 537
My new hi-hats arrived yesterday.
They are Istanbul Mehmet Emirhan 13" hats.
Exact sound I was looking for, crisp, dry and an incredible, cutting 'chick' sound.

11tlfgj.jpg

Yamaha Sensitive Series 6.5x14 in Cherrywood.

Attachments

• Yamaha 6514 Sensitive Cherrywood a.jpg
    Yamaha 6514 Sensitive Cherrywood a.jpg
    726.9 KB · Views: 508
Can't wait to see what you do with that zebrano.
Got a ton of special stuff on the go at the moment. All ready for the new year :) Making a special edition of 6 tour series zebrano snares & a wonderful one off 20 x 14, 14 x 14, 10 x 8 Tour series zebrano kit.

Beech...great wood judging by the heavy Sonor shells of years ago.
Indeed! We'll be partnering it with ovangkol on a new Origin series kit build. 22 x 12, 15 x 12, 12 x 8.

1970's 18 inch A Zildjian thin crash. Used, dirty and great sounding. $100.00 eBay find.

1970's 18 inch A Zildjian thin crash. Used, dirty and great sounding. $100.00 eBay find.

How would you compare the sound to the 18" A customs? I am in the market for a crash and am beginning my search for an 18" A custom but don't want to be too narrow.

After reading some of the postings here on the value, I am getting a RockNRoller Mid delivered today. I really need to stop reading about stuff here before I go broke. ;-)

How would you compare the sound to the 18" A customs? I am in the market for a crash and am beginning my search for an 18" A custom but don't want to be too narrow.

I would love to help but my only other Zildjian 18 is a Medium thin A. The Thin A is a little louder with the same striking effort and a bit more sustain.
I don't play out so I don't need to have cymbals that out sound guitars soI like thinner cymbals. Not paper thin but thin.

20 inch 1960's A Zildjian ride, 2170 g (medium light) its a made in canada one, REALLY a beauty as crash and ride
22 inch 1970's hollow logo A Zildjian 22 ride, 3200 g (medium heavy) a little heavy for my tastes, not crashable but great for rock

am normally a Paiste guy but getting taken over by the 400 year old company.

Zildjian is almost as old as I am!

My new hi-hats arrived yesterday.
They are Istanbul Mehmet Emirhan 13" hats.
Exact sound I was looking for, crisp, dry and an incredible, cutting 'chick' sound.

11tlfgj.jpg

i see your pdp kit is coming alone nicely! congrats on your new hi-hats!

I just ordered a Gibraltar 9608 throne and Evans Emad 22" clear head.
I'm so excited to have a throne that's not falling apart! :)

Attachments

• evans emad.jpg
    evans emad.jpg
    6 KB · Views: 367
  • gibraltar.jpg
    gibraltar.jpg
    4.1 KB · Views: 369
Today was a good day. I picked up 2 pair of hats, SoulTone "Vintage" series hi hats plus a pair of SoulTone "Vintage 1964" series hi hats. Brand new from Encino California via Lynchburg Music in Virginia.

I ordered online from seeing a video. I did good for once, I really, really, love them. Hi hats are the toughest cymbals to buy IMO and not hearing them up close is even tougher. My favorite hats in the world are a set of MasterWorks "Vintage" series hats. I was trying to get some more pairs of these cymbals, I love them so, but I couldn't find a MasterWorks dealer.

SoulTone uses MasterWorks foundry. So if you want MasterWork, get SoulTone. They are pretty darn consistent I have to say. My 2005 MasterWorks "Vintage" series cymbals sound remarkably close to my 2014 SoulTone "Vintage" series cymbals. The "Vintage 1964's" are a shade darker. Both pairs are awesome. Crisp and cutting with a superior bark and zero clang.

The engraving on the 2005 Masterworks cymbal is the same as the engraving on my 2014 SoulTone cymbals with the exception of the word SoulTone in the place of the word MasterWorks.

Gosh I love real Turkish cymbals.

I also picked up a used Gallien Kruger 700rb (380 watt) bi amped bass amp and an external Gallien Kruger cabinet with 4 - 10"s from CL. Good day.

Back