What's your latest purchase?

A Gon Bops Alex Acuna Special Edition cajon. It sounds great and looks it as well! Also purchased a set of Gon Bops Tambao Pro congas.

Today I just got 2 new belts, some thermal underwear (2 sets!) 2 new pair of Carharrt duck work pants, a brown work hoodie, and suspenders because I have no ass and I'm tired of looking ghetto.

No one said it had to be drum stuff right?

For my rehearsal set,I Finely got, A Gibraltar Double Braced Med Weight Hi Hat and Snare stand.So I dONT Have to drag hardware back and forth anymore. Sturdy yet light reallt nice stuff for the money......

Purchased a Zoom H2N from EBay. Pretty stoked to get this, nice to record rehearsals and gigs.

Latest purchase would be a new kit. I bought a new DW Performance Series kit with 5000/9000 series hardware and Sabian AAX cymabls.

After debating on this particular cymbal for about a year, I finally pulled the trigger on what should be my last cymbal ever (even though you can never have too many cymbals). ;-) A 22" Constantinople Renaissance Ride purchased purely on what I have read and what others have told me.

Just adopted a 14-year-old DW5000 strap pedal in excellent condition off of Reverb.

Attachments

• DW 5000ND.png
    DW 5000ND.png
    416 KB · Views: 749
A few weeks with it and really loving it now - I read a comment in an older thread where someone mentioned that you almost forget that it's there when you're playing and that's exactly how I'd describe it.

I took my Sonor PB pedal out of the box and it was perfect ! I haven't made any adjustments to the spring tension.

After saving up for about 5 years, and doing an amazing amount of research, I FINALY chose and bought a Mapex Saturn IV MH exotic 5pc short stacked drum kit in cherry rosewood finnish! I bought it in Melbourne Australia at Drum Tek and after waiting 6 months for it to be made and shipped in... I get it in 2 weeks!!! I can't wait and when I get it OMG it will be the greatest day of my life

Soon mapex will be running rings around DW, gretch, and ludwig!!!!
There attention to detail is redicoulsy good and pays off

After saving up for about 5 years, and doing an amazing amount of research, I FINALY chose and bought a Mapex Saturn IV MH exotic 5pc short stacked drum kit in cherry rosewood finnish! I bought it in Melbourne Australia at Drum Tek and after waiting 6 months for it to be made and shipped in... I get it in 2 weeks!!! I can't wait and when I get it OMG it will be the greatest day of my life

Soon mapex will be running rings around DW, gretch, and ludwig!!!!
There attention to detail is redicoulsy good and pays off

It never happened until pictures have been posted. ;) JK
Congratulations, those drums sound awesome from videos I've seen.

Last edited:
Ordered a set of Protection Racket bags for my Yamaha kit. Looking forward to them.

Picked up some Sabian cymbals in a deal with a local drummer. The cymbals I received were :
21" HH Crossover ride - I am really digging this ride, crashable and wobbles like crazy and the stick never gets enveloped by the wash

18" HHX Evolution crash - very nice crash, quick and medium dark in tone.

14" HH Duo hihats - they have an unlathed portion where the stick definition is enhanced and a lathed section at the edge that is warm and full sounding.

16" AAX Bright crash - not a fan of this crash now that I have really had a chance to play it. It has a gongy undertone that I wasn't expecting. I may sell this and pick up a 16" HH thin or 16" HHX Evolution

Got me a new set of coated Emperor heads for my toms. They come with the Professional Drum Shop logo on them when you buy them from there.

Christmas came early this year! hahaha

Sabian AAX 16" Bright Crash. its really not bright as advertised but its still great sounding. i compared it to my Zildjian 16" A custom crash. the A custom is twice as bright but does not have that "body" (RickP called it gongy) that the AAX has when you strike it. Overall its a nice addition to my set-up. i was worried that it would sound too close to the A custom but it does not. i am happy to have another voice in my set-up. you guys that want to upgrade should really take advantage of it since its on sale.

97b2e043-b856-4c53-ae0c-9443f5edd255_zpsac199673.jpg

edited:

took a drive to a small drum shop 25 mins away from here last week, to looks at some dream cymbals. after i was done in the cymbal section, i took a stroll over to the snare drum section and drove back home with this. i was not sure about the material it was made from, so i bought it on sound. it sounds really good, with a great pop to it. DW said it's 1mm rolled aluminum (looks more like stainless to me). 5''x14'' built AUG 21 1998

e12f9bf0-f534-4bed-a2a3-cb7c0feef4ff_zpsd988c3a6.jpg

Last edited:
Bought a 12" Dream Bliss splash cymbal. I dont like splash cymbals, in general, too quick and trashy sounding, but this beauty sounds more like a small velvety crash. I was just browsing in my LDS and tapping some of the splashes on display. The owner gave me a stick and told me to hit them properly. I was so surprised at the sound of the Dream, It was a sound I had in my head and never thought I would find a cymbal that would produce it.

I love it, and the bell also has a great sound. Dream realy do make some excelent cymbals.

Custom ordered a 17" Bosphorus Turk 6 Hole Crash. Beautiful niche special effects cymbal.

Attachments

• BosphorusTurk17inch.jpg
    BosphorusTurk17inch.jpg
    950.8 KB · Views: 632
Nice!

Bosphorus did that for you?

Can you tell me the hole id and the distance from edge, and distance from ea other plz?

Im thinking about modding a 17" crash OZONE style.

Tony at Cymbals Only placed the order for me. Hole diameter is a hair over 1-15/16 diameter but not a full 2". Distance from edge varies from 1-3/4 inch to 2-1/4 inch (intentional spacing I perceive with the cymbal thickness varying from being hammered). Distance from each hole center-to-center varies from 2-7/16" to 2-3/4", with most being at 2-1/2".

Gotta' tell you this 17" Turk 6 Hole with the Bosphorus 18" Turk 18 Hole Crash and an Istanbul Agop 16" Signature China make an incredible array of special effects cymbals.

Tony at Cymbals Only placed the order for me. Hole diameter is a hair over 1-15/16 diameter but not a full 2". Distance from edge varies from 1-3/4 inch to 2-1/4 inch (intentional spacing I perceive with the cymbal thickness varying from being hammered). Distance from each hole center-to-center varies from 2-7/16" to 2-3/4", with most being at 2-1/2".

Gotta' tell you this 17" Turk 6 Hole with the Bosphorus 18" Turk 18 Hole Crash and an Istanbul Agop 16" Signature China make an incredible array of special effects cymbals.

Hmmmm.

Im thinking water jet for mine, would need (want) more precise numbers.

Looking at yours... yeah can see they vary in distance.

Well, I'll have to go to math conversions using 18" OZONE specs.

Back