What are you listening to right now?

Brain radio was strangely silent until Burton Cummings (The Guess Who) started belting out No Sugar/New Mother Nature. Here's a live version. Thanks to my northern neighbors for sharing so nicely! ;)

Last edited:
Brain radio was strangely silent until Burton Cummings (The Guess Who) started belting our No Sugar/New Mother Nature. Here's a live version. Thanks to my northern neighbors for sharing so nicely! ;)

Love that medley! Thanks for posting
Got me to thinking, what's up with that big lawsuit where Burton and Randy sued the so-called Bull**** cover band? Well.....

February 27, 1980 Shrine Auditorium, Los Angeles Grammys

Name the drummer

Glen Campbell covered it later but the original is better IMO. Going pretty far back 62. A haunting piece.

Last edited:
Could be Pick Withers amazingly

amazing time Dylan 1980 amazing stories in the wikis

never really paid attention to this period but I did see Mr. Dylan perform at an outdoor amphitheater around 1997 and was expecting him to come out with an acoustic guitar sit on a chair and sings songs, well yes, but no, he had the tightest band behind (and blew away pSimon (with Gadd) who opened. Quite a revelation; I didn't know or think Dylan had a live act like that but he did. Totally pro polished class

Last edited:
Could be Pick Withers amazingly

amazing time Dylan 1980 amazing stories in the wikis

never really paid attention to this period but I did see Mr. Dylan perform at an outdoor amphitheater around 1997 and was expecting him to come out with an acoustic guitar sit on a chair and sings songs, well yes, but no, he had the tightest band behind (and blew away pSimon (with Gadd) who opened. Quite a revelation; I didn't know or think Dylan had a live act like that but he did. Totally pro polished class
I agree a total pro.

Bob Dylan - "I never wanted to be the Messiah, Elvis yes, but not the Messiah."

I saw him 3 times in the 80s. The best one was when Tom Petty and The Heartbreakers were his opening act. They finished their set then after intermission came back on as Dylan's band. Fantastic! Dylan did that a lot back then with his backup band.

Back