What do you guys know about these drums ... ?

DevonWelch

These are my drums I got about a year ago now from some guy on craigs list.

There Pearl Export series but when I youtube "Pearl Export Drums" on Youtube I get different looking drums, there lugs don't go all the way down like mine, etc.

Heres a few picture of my drums -

15qot5g.jpg

dvhqc1.jpg

35a5b3c.jpg

3ajo.jpg

r0y35l.jpg

How much money we're these back in the day, (IT HAD A SECOND RACK TOM, BUT I REMOVED IT BECAUSE IT WAS TO BIG FOR MY COMFORT.)Are they good? how old are they? I just want some background about em, thanks! :)

I had a set of Exports with the long lugs just like yours. I would have bought them new around '89 from memory. The Exports were Pearls intermediate drums and were at one point, the most popular selling drumkit of all time. I'd suggest your kit will either be made from poplar or birch.....although narrowing down exactly what Pearl used and when can be a little sketchy. They were replaced by the Vision series.

This was my kit in the 90's- Pearl Export with the long lugs same as yours. The set on the left hand side was purchased in '92 while the one on the right was purchased in '98.
Do the tom holders protrude into the shell (bit hard to tell from blurry photos) or are they RIMS mounts?
As for pricing "back in the day" I think I paid about $800 (AUS) for the basic 5 piece setup with a couple of cymbals.

Attachments

• Pearl front 2.jpg
    Pearl front 2.jpg
    377.1 KB · Views: 248
The long lugged version of the Pearl Exports replaced the prior version in 1989, and ran until I want to say 1994 (give or take).

The long lugged version of the Pearl Exports replaced the prior version in 1989, and ran until I want to say 1994 (give or take).

These were called the Export Pro line and I had a "power tom" set like this one (mine was the Cranberry color and it was beautiful!). I bought it in like 1992 and played it until about 3 years ago. Very decent workhorse drums.

These were called the Export Pro line and I had a "power tom" set like this one (mine was the Cranberry color and it was beautiful!). I bought it in like 1992 and played it until about 3 years ago. Very decent workhorse drums.

Yes, the Export pro came out in 92, which was an upgraded version of the regular Export.

But the long lugged regular exports did come out in 89. I had an 88 with the short lugs, and was rather disappointed that just a year later I was unable to easily buy add-ons.

Back