What are you listening to right now?

Oldies

Eat your heart out Jimmy Hendrix ROFL.

Every now and then I'll get into this emotional state where I'll listen to a particular tune that does something to me where only excessive listening can stop the ride. Right now watching the Youtube video of the Cars doing Its all I can do with Benjamin Orr playing his red Vox tear drop bass has me in this rather hypno state.

Every now and then I'll get into this emotional state where I'll listen to a particular tune that does something to me where only excessive listening can stop the ride. Right now watching the Youtube video of the Cars doing Its all I can do with Benjamin Orr playing his red Vox tear drop bass has me in this rather hypno state.

The Cars def had some great tunes for hypno type listening:

I ran track when I was in high school.
The Cars were the cool hip new band back then.
A friend, who ran track with me and also liked them, was having issues getting through his road work and I told him to just get the song "Don't cha stop" going through your head and it will carry you through.
He later told me that it worked like a charm.

Last edited:

I'm currently digging more and more Neal Morse. Alone, with the Neal Morse band, with Flying colors or Transatlantic. I definetely dig Mike Portnoy's drumming.
The Neal Morse Band albums are just piece of art...

Been listening to the new Red Hot Chili Peppers album.........really well done, amazingly mixed as well.

Hard to believe these guys are 60 years old......(yes I know Jon is 52 others are 60). Flea at 60 makes my head spin.

Chad is doing the Chad thing.....well played album with the expected tight grooves.

Worth a listen.......I was a passive fan and hadn't paid much attention to them over the past 15-20 years but......here I am.

Back