Small collection of Snare drums

So, the collection is close to an End because, you will see that, with the shelves that were here when we bought the house 15 years ago and fit perfectly the snares, with one Proline snare rack and 4 snares on the kit, I'm good.
Today, I took the 4 snares off the kit and put them on shelves. I'm still waiting for 3 snares (AVA Red Stain White Oak, Summit Purpleheart 14x6.25 Brass Hardware and INDé Kalamazoo Bronze 14X6.5" but there will be enough room on the shelves.

My wife doesn't want to see that, she prefers her little decoration than beautiful snares!!!

Goggle Photos Web Link:

And some of them attached:
IMG_0121.JPG
IMG_0116.JPGIMG_0121.JPGIMG_0125.JPGIMG_0127.JPGIMG_0129.JPGIMG_0134.JPGIMG_0137.JPGIMG_0145.JPG
FullSizeRender-1.jpg

Last edited:
Honestly just having that many high quality snares is going to set you for life, most people make do with 2 snares. I do everything on my Supraphonic and I have 0 need for any other drum and i do not feel like my snare isn’t “woody” enough. and trust me nobody else does, especially the audience.
Same here. While I don't have a Supra, I have a Rogers PowerTone that fits the metal snare need for everything. My wood shell need is fine for now with my 14x6 Gretsch, but I want something deeper. Mainly because I feel a deeper shell gives me more tuning range than a shorter one.

But anything over 2 (maybe 3) snares is overkill IMO.

Hi Guys,
So, as most of you know, I`m the keys player in the band but I found in love with drums when I was 15 (now 57...) and I started 2 years ago to buy Drums, mostly Cymbals, as I was feeling more confrotable to learn that first and also because I don`t think I will ver have another kit than the one that I have, more space reasons and well, not being a drummer too.
But for Snares, I could think about 5/6 Snares Max
So you’re now ……
what looks like from the pics ,…….
At 19 ???
About 13 snares over your max thinking limit 😂.
Good for you 👍🏼👏🏼🙌🏼🤘🏼!!!!!!!!!
That is an awfully nice collection of snares you have there ! Love em. Congrats on the recent ones !

So you’re now ……
At 19 ???
That is an awfully nice collection of snares you have there ! Love em. Congrats on the recent ones !
Yes, I know, I realized quite fast that it was going to be 10...And end up with 19 and 3 are coming so, 22...I'm lucky to have the shelves in my practice room, 12 spot for 12 snares, 8 on the CbPhoto rack (I named it after him as he was the first one to point me out towards it and he was right, it's an awesome rack) plus 4 on the kit, makes it 24!!!
Ok, I thought I was not going to have a lot of Metal, maybe 1 just to try but I discovered another world with metal compared to wood...And there is so many wood species and grain and veneer, that's crazy...
So, yes, 22, and I think I bought the 23 today. Some of you talked about spruce snares thinking there is not a siongle one and you menyionned the fat spruce and I had seen one somewhere...yes, at Drummers hangout so, he stillhave it, I got a super price, the wood color is awesome and I don,t have a lot of wet, low end fat snare, maybe the wood is less dense, less thick les compast than some of my other snares so, with the demo online, I decided to go with it, SLP Fat Spruce snare drums.
One female drummer on DFO bought it for country and i imagine well this sanre for this...Ok, it's maybe the Spotted gum as well. But I'm going to wait until it's on sale in June at my store!!!

So, murat form Drummers hangout in Ottawa had one, promotion due to a Knot in the wood that is going to have no impact on sound as explained by the former owner of UNIX Drums.
So, stock photo, well, not stock, photo of the new snare in the store:
27336851_2005090746481514_1023985950537582861_n.jpg123670199_2839038703086710_8713987242043020500_n.jpg326131318_5756147314454019_4372542209698946386_n.jpg326322175_539646118118135_3413380221283756257_n.jpg

So you’re now ……
At 19 ???
You will laugh at it because there is one more...Well, not really, it has been counted in my collection since December 2022 when I decided to have Gary from Summit drums builPurple Heartrpleheart for me...But in the meantime, Scooter540 porposed to me his purpleheart at a too good to pass price and it was with black Harwdare. i was hesitating at that time between black HW or Brass colour hardware and thus, I said, why not both especially since mine is 6.25" instead of 6.50", the one from Scotter540 )Ok, not that much of a real difference I know but you need to find reasons to keep both, hey?)

And Gary proposed to me two fantastic ones, the Bububinga and the Beech/Mahogany/Beech, both as ready to ship..So, this one the 6.25" purpleheart took a bit of time to finish to pay for but it will be shipped tomorrow.

Here are his photos:
IMG_9793.jpegIMG_9947.jpegIMG_9948.jpegIMG_9949.jpegIMG_9950.jpegIMG_9951.jpegIMG_9952.jpegIMG_9953.jpegIMG_9954.jpegIMG_9955.jpeg

Ok, I know my first post was about 6 snares but I came to the conclusion that, if I wanted to have quite a large selection of wood and metal, 10 would be more realistic, then I upgraded to 20...And realized that I'm at 23 and my Max is at 24, in term of storage room: I have shelves (See above, there is only one spot on the shelves becaseu I put on them the 4 snares that are usually on the kit)) that could accomodate 12, 8 on the CBPhoto rack (The snares rack Utilility Proline rack) and 4 on the kit which is 24..Ha yes, I have a single snare stand that I use to tune them, it could be another one...
And then, well, I'm supposed to be done...I said the same with Cymnbals, if you cannot put them on the kit, then, no more..I have 34 cymbals, 33 on the kit, I'm still thinking I could have an extra Paiste Hat and Paiste Signature crash full 18" to go with the ones I already have but didn't buy a single Cymbals for months...Hey, no more room to play them/display them and I don't want to have them in a bag so, maybe, I'm really close to an end with my drums collection...

I could come back to Keys now because for the past 4 years being more focused on drums, there is some pretty interesting keys that have been released like a Prophet 10 Sequential!
And I need to continue to learn drums and I have fund new girls and guys who are really committed to do again the Funk band with me, I had lost faith after two years of covid trying to motivate people...
And I need to record 5 minutes of each snares and port the video as proposed by some here on the forum.

So, less time to buy, more to play and record, well, great plan anyway.

Reactions: I-P
It's even better in real, beautiful and my god, full body and crack at the same time, I enjoy it a lot:
IMG_0172.JPGIMG_0173.JPGIMG_0174.JPGIMG_0175.JPGIMG_0176.JPGIMG_0177.JPGIMG_0179.JPG

Back