Peter Fonda died - bet you didn't know he plays drums too

Status
Not open for further replies.

wildbill

Platinum Member
Off topic yes - but I just heard Peter Fonda died. Probably most known as Wyatt in the movie Easy Rider,

but to keep it drumming related, he recently played drums with a band called Liturgy on the tv show Blacklist.

RIP - Peter/Wyatt

I looked for any other evidence of PF drumming and couldn't find any. You sure it wasn't just TV magic?

Not sure at all.

I just thought Peter Fonda's death called for a thread from me, and I tried to keep it drumming related for the Mayor.

I found two videos of Peter Fonda drumming, but it was a different one and he was about 30 years old.

I found this interesting, from Wikipedia:

On his eleventh birthday, he accidentally shot himself in the abdomen and nearly died. He went to the Indian hill station of Nainital and stayed for a few months for recovery.[6]Years later, he referred to this incident while with John Lennon and George Harrison while taking LSD.[7] He said, "I know what it's like to be dead." This inspired The Beatles' song "She Said She Said".[8]

I still can't find him drumming. I did find 2 clips of a band named Peter Fonda. It definitely wasn't him drumming though.

As an aside, I love his bike in Easy Rider. I'm not a bike person, but if I was that would be the bike I want.

He was a lousy actor and complete moron regarding politics but I have always enjoyed the roles he played. He had several really cool, small parts that I think qualify as cameos, from "Escape from LA" to "Wild Hogs".
RIP P.F.

He was a lousy actor and complete moron regarding politics but I have always enjoyed the roles he played. He had several really cool, small parts that I think qualify as cameos, from "Escape from LA" to "Wild Hogs".
RIP P.F.
A Fonda is a Fonda is a Fonda is a.....what you said above.

Dang beat a man when he's down.I always see Fonda as part of the 60s counter culture and I don't think he cares about peoples opinions of his choices. I'm sure at a young age living as the son of a famous actor he learned to ignore the media or anyone opinions. I'm surprised he took up acting as it seemed he was more interested in writing. After Easy Rider I recollect he use to be on TV a lot then pop up now and then on movies. He was good in Ulee's Gold say in comparison to Dustin Hoffman in "Outbreak" LOL. OMG he got paid to read lines on a monitor it was so bad. My condolences to his friends and family-and that part of his life is more important than anything he did as a job.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back