moral problem about buying new set

lukeon

hey guys so at this moment im using alesis nitro mesh kit and i wanted to upgrade it to td-07kv (heard a lot of good things about it)- around 600 € difference in price. while i have that money, and i can buy td-07kv without normal problems, somewhere inside me i have that 'moral' problem which makes me feel like 'if i buy it, won't it be money waste? will it be good decision?' and that's a problem which holds me back from td-07kv. any idea how can i make that problem disappear?

You stated that you have the money... As long as other things are not getting neglected (bills and such) why is that a moral issue? if drumming is important to you, get the gear that makes you happy, remember you only live once and if you decide not to get it you will always wonder what if? I talk from experience and not just related to music gear. My rule is as long as everything that needs to be paid is paid, if I have extra $$$ and I (or my wife) want something, we get it. I don't suggest to just frivolously spend all your money, but every so often reward yourself for your hard work, otherwise why work so hard when you have nothing to look forward to?

hey guys so at this moment im using alesis nitro mesh kit and i wanted to upgrade it to td-07kv (heard a lot of good things about it)- around 600 € difference in price. while i have that money, and i can buy td-07kv without normal problems, somewhere inside me i have that 'moral' problem which makes me feel like 'if i buy it, won't it be money waste? will it be good decision?' and that's a problem which holds me back from td-07kv. any idea how can i make that problem disappear?
What's wrong with the Nitro, how long have you had it? What are you expecting from the 07kv? What is there to gain? Price is not the only value.

...upgrade it to td-07kv (heard a lot of good things about it)- around 600 € difference in price. while i have that money, and i can buy td-07kv without normal problems, somewhere inside me i have that 'moral' problem which makes me feel like 'if i buy it, won't it be money waste? will it be good decision?' and that's a problem which holds me back from td-07kv. any idea how can i make that problem disappear?

"heard a lot of good things".... "feel like 'if i buy it, won't it be money waste?"

- have you actually played it yourself and listened to it?
- have you downloaded and read the manuals to make sure it has the features you want? Expansion you need? etc

if you've played it and liked the sounds and liked the feel and it has the features you want and you can afford it, then it's not a waste if you feel if provides all this - and you feel the Nitro does not.

[opinion bit: Me - I'd look at a 2nd user higher-model kit if poss.]

"heard a lot of good things".... "feel like 'if i buy it, won't it be money waste?"

- have you actually played it yourself and listened to it?
- have you downloaded and read the manuals to make sure it has the features you want? Expansion you need? etc

if you've played it and liked the sounds and liked the feel and it has the features you want and you can afford it, then it's not a waste if you feel if provides all this - and you feel the Nitro does not.

[opinion bit: Me - I'd look at a 2nd user higher-model kit if poss.]
What's wrong with the Nitro, how long have you had it? What are you expecting from the 07kv? What is there to gain? Price is not the only value.
i did not play td-07kv in person, but the module and sounds from what i heard on yt seems to be very nice, much nicer than alesis nitro which i have for like three months. also i just wanna a brand new set
You stated that you have the money... As long as other things are not getting neglected (bills and such) why is that a moral issue? if drumming is important to you, get the gear that makes you happy, remember you only live once and if you decide not to get it you will always wonder what if? I talk from experience and not just related to music gear. My rule is as long as everything that needs to be paid is paid, if I have extra $$$ and I (or my wife) want something, we get it. I don't suggest to just frivolously spend all your money, but every so often reward yourself for your hard work, otherwise why work so hard when you have nothing to look forward to?
that last sentence could have quite much sens, maybe you are right, why would i work hard if i got nothing from it.

you know what, i think im gonna get 07kv no matter if i got that moral problem (got a buyer for alesis set anyway)

I mean, I spend $12 a month on a hot-sauce-of-the-month club. Is it frivolous? Yes. But is it also tasty? Yes.

I have no regrets.

Back