Memorable practice of the drum

Auspicious

Silver Member
sometimes the practices are terrible, most of the time them are.. but today I don't know what happened, special Friday mind energy or simply TGIF, I am just back from a very friendly practice behind the kit. Nothing boring, no exercices, I just played some music from Charlie Brown and played along with this pair of broomsticks they they received for me at the local shop. :D

The Steve Gadd Vic firth.. they are amazing, so comfortable to use..

ShWpx31.jpg

I was satisfied with my performance while following the music and it was even fun, I could do it. These are fantastic memories.. Not because of the new brooms, they were a bonus.

Well practices are very joyful sometimes (:)

Some of my most memorable (and most rewarding) practice sessions have been free from intentional structure. At times, drumming without direction and discovering new grooves or patterns can be quite revealing. The brain somewhat mirrors the components of a pinball machine, with one siren setting off a nearby set of lights, producing a synchronized reaction of intriguing sensations. While I value focused practice that involves fixed agendas as well, just letting the limbs, and thus the mind, roam without restraint can be highly beneficial.

Today for me too! I'm so excited! I stumbled accidentally on how to use an exercise I've been working with for a while to play a part in a song that I could never fully pull off. Now I can play nearly the same part I've been struggling with for several years greasy & groovy!!

Today for me too! I'm so excited! I stumbled accidentally on how to use an exercise I've been working with for a while to play a part in a song that I could never fully pull off. Now I can play nearly the same part I've been struggling with for several years greasy & groovy!!

Ahh that's great, I understand your feeling as I am unable to incorporate fills and when I have a slight success, it's the end of the world joy internally. loll

Back