Good deal thread for items post price hikes.

Mapex Saturns anyone?

Great kit for someone willing to drive within the Midwest:

Another one:

Here's another good looking deal on an older Mapex Saturn kit (pre-IV, despite the seller advertising it as a V--I emailed them about this and am waiting for a response) including what looks like a Zildjian A391 cymbal pack (or similar) and hardware and throne for just $950. Local pick-up only in Scottsdale, AZ.

A few others if people are interested

Really good looking kit here:

Those MCX kits seem overpriced. The asking price is about what the drums cost new.

Those MCX kits seem overpriced. The asking price is about what the drums cost new.

Last time they were offered , I believe.. was 7 Years ago .. and the MSRP back then was 3k on a 4 piece.. Map was around $1900.. and what do you think that price would look like in 2022 ?

The Completes are a different drum.. alot less wood.. and triple flange hoops. and even their price just shot up afaik.

.... edit.. and I just see the MSRP on the Masters Complete 4 piece at $3450 and MAP around $2100.

Last edited:
Toward the end of their run when a few retailers we’re blowing them out, you could find four piece MCX kits in shamrock green and BCX kits for $999. I had an MCX in lime sparkle fade finish. Very familiar with those drums, and their original cost.

LOL.. this is an extreme example and was due to special circumstances on certain kits on a soon to be discontinued model.. .... Not reflective at all of what they normally sold for brand new........ MSRP current day would be around $3900.... Map in the mid 2k range.

A few new ones for today:

Killer deal on a gig kit......better than a disposable SC kit....

Interesting kit if you like a hanging floor tom......(I have a kit with one, it doesn't suck)

Nice Renown for Boston area local pickup.......

Renown Bop kit......not a bad deal....

Still carrying the torch? :ROFLMAO:

I figure when I put on the uniform for this thread I need to pay homage. That and there is a bit of truth to the statement lol....

SC's serve a purpose........how grand that purpose is seems to be the debatable part. But everyone is certainly entitled to their opinion....

Birch SPL Guitar Center deal.. For $449 ... 5 piece birch with Rims type mounts and 10 lug kick.

https://www.guitarcenter.com/Sound-Percussion-Labs/Velocity-5-Piece-Shell-Pack.gc

SPL-VELOCITY-SHELL-PACK-RUBY-SEQUIN-WEDDING-CAKE.jpg

I do not know this person and have no affiliation with them . Saw this while searching for a rack tom for my tama bb kit . It’s a local pick up in Washington but says can deliver as far north as Seattle . Decent deal on its own but says “seller is open to offers”. If your local and looking for a used kit with a 24” bass drum , it could be a good deal on a larger bb kit that looks to be in great condition.

It's not mine, nor do I have any affiliation, but that is a great kit with plenty of drums to keep one busy. I had a B/B with the 24x18" kick. His name was Girth Brooks.
Especially if one wants the 24,kick ! I re read the add , and appears it comes with two snares , so it’s a 3 up 2 down with snare and kick ( 7 piece). Sell off the extra snare and the seller is open to offers and this could be a fantastic score for someone looking for a well made great sounding kit. I dig the finish also.
If I didn’t already have mine I’d offer at 15-17 , sell off a snare and be in for a great kit at about 12-15 depending on the seller and selling off that extra snare .

How’d you like that 24 ?

Back