Drum brother who had a stroke

tamadrm

Platinum Member
For those of you who also frequent the DFO,this isn't news,but DFO member Bongo Congo,suffered what was first though, to be a massive stroke yesterday.

He now can recognize faces,has limited slurred speech and can move all four limbs.

He still has a lenghtly recovery ahead of him,so I ask for best wishes and prayer to be sent to him and his family.I believe in the power of positive thought.

Bongo is a man of singular wit and humor,and also the kind of man who would go out of his way to help a friend and stranger alike.

As most of you know,a stroke is just devestating to a drummer,especially to a man who loves his instrument.

Help a brother out,and keep him in your best of thoughts.Thanks guys.

Steve B

For those of you who also frequent the DFO,this isn't news,but DFO member Bongo Congo,suffered what was first though, to be a massive stroke yesterday.

He now can recognize faces,has limited slurred speech and can move all four limbs.

He still has a lenghtly recovery ahead of him,so I ask for best wishes and prayer to be sent to him and his family.I believe in the power of positive thought.

Bongo is a man of singular wit and humor,and also the kind of man who would go out of his way to help a friend and stranger alike.

As most of you know,a stroke is just devestating to a drummer,especially to a man who loves his instrument.

Help a brother out,and keep him in your best of thoughts.Thanks guys.

Steve B

Will do, Steve. ................

A very sad update.Mitch aka Bongo Congo,passed away at 7:30 central time on Sunday morning 8/11/13.No words,but that he will be greatly missed.

Please keep your best thoughts and wishes in mind for his wife and family.

Rest well brother,

Steve B

That is a terrible thing to have happen. Sorry to hear that he passed away. At least he didn't have to suffer a long time. My condolences to his family and their loss.

I had with a coworker who had a stroke after just 3 months of working with him in the field. He was only a 35 years old Mexican guy. Younger than I was at the time. He's still alive, but it's devastating all around.

Sorry to hear this about your friend Steve. Is this the bad news you were referring to the other day?

No,That was my daughter calling me and telling me my ex wife has brain cancer.This was just two years after my ex having half a lung removed and beating lung cancer.

My daughter was needless to say, extremely upset.

The day before that,I went to a funeral of a man that I've know for almost twenty years,and met through Boy Scouting.I'm godfather to one of his sons.

He was a few years younger that me,and died from stage 4 liver cancer.

It just wasn't a good week overall,and now a friend,albeit a cyber friend dies of a stroke.

Life sucks sometimes Larry my friend,but I'm hangin' in there.

Steve B

Back