Custom stick bag

Do you really think that pitched-matched sticks make that big a difference? :unsure:
I never have! this is from last nights corporate gig, i needed a small 3 piece kit for space an volume. I used a Promark 7A and a Vater 7A which was a little longer. Both had their siblings broken on previous gigs. I want with them for the worn out taper on each one for more finesse. Just a marketing ploy, i accent notes on my fills so what benefit is stick matching to me?sticks.jpg

Ok, so I got the "knock off" stick bag (of the Pro Mark Deluxe Transport Bag) delivered today. Here are some side by side photos. The bags are identical, with the following minor changes (aside from the Pro Mark/Drum Channel branding):

1. On the knockoff bag, the business card slot has been moved down to the zippered pocket and the stick pocket above that is divided into two, vs. one larger stick pocket on the Pro Mark bag.
2. On the knockoff bag, the carabiner clip is moved further down. Bonus: The knockoff bag comes with a free drum key and a cool drum key holder.
3. There are no magnets in the handles of the knockoff bag. Other than that, the bags are identical.

The knock off bag is built with seemingly the same exact material as the Pro Mark bag, but the entire bag is stiffer and more rigid. It's like there is stiff cardboard sewn into the middle of the bag. Because of this, it reduces the capacity of the bag (along with having two individual pockets on the left side above the business card holder). The sticks are "packed in" because of the rigidity of the bag. The Pro Mark can definitely hold more sticks, but the knock off is still very well made and can hold about 12 pair, give or take.

Here's the link again. Less than $20 (as of this posting).

Enjoy!

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    525.9 KB · Views: 8
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    482 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
Another fan of the Anthology Gear Seville Stick Bag. It’s heirloom quality.

Werkens Leather Drumstick Bag. I just got one of these used from ebay but in great shape. Very impressed! It's the nicest stick bag I have ever owned. 100% leather. Also heirloom quality, and fairly cheap, for "100% leather, Heirloom Quality" standards.

Make sure to wax it, you can use a candle, old Chapstick etc.
Not long ago I waxed all my zippered bags I think it helps.

I carried a purple sparkle Pork Pie stick bag for 20 years. Before that, I had never owned a stick bag (although I played for 10 years before that).

This year, I stepped up my stick bag game! I found one of the big leather Tackle stick bags on sale. I love it! It looks so cool hanging on my vintage kits.

tackle.jpg

View attachment 135970
Just got a local guy to make me a leather stick bag. Have always had generic bags in the past but was thinking that as my sticks are 'pitch' matched, it seemed a shame to just mix them all up in big pockets. So the custom bag has pockets for eight pairs of sticks. He's done such a great job I'm getting a second one made up for the brushes and odd ball sticks.
So, question is, what stick bags do you use?
View attachment 135969
Nice bag man, looks great. I use a bag I made myself from an old pair of jeans haha. Its not perfect but it works and has a strap to carry it around so I'll be using it for a while.

I have two right now, one of them is the Vic Firth SBAG2(same as TheDrummerFromAmsterdam) and man that bag can fit a lot of crap, all the sticks, bells and whistles I own. I hade is as my overnight bag when I was way to play a gig or doing auditions out of town, it's perfect.

The other one is attached to my cymbal bag, it's a Paiste faux leather bag(the black and white one), it's smaller and I only have the essentials in it.

Back