Bought a Roc n Soc short base and its not short.

bearblastbeats

I just picked up my short base as advised by others that they make one.

I measured it up to my current base and its actually taller than mine. Mine sits at about 16" to top of stem and the new one is about a half inch taller.

Pictures from online show it shorter than in real life.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210814-161049_Reverb.jpg
    Screenshot_20210814-161049_Reverb.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 7
  • 20210814_160103.jpg
    20210814_160103.jpg
    576 KB · Views: 7
I haven't seen anything shorter than that, but maybe someone will chime in with a suggestion. The lowest setting of the short Gibraltar is 16", and the short Pearl is 17.5". Was the Roc n Soc short base advertised as adjusting to lower than 16"?

I haven't seen anything shorter than that, but maybe someone will chime in with a suggestion. The lowest setting of the short Gibraltar is 16", and the short Pearl is 17.5". Was the Roc n Soc short base advertised as adjusting to lower than 16"?
Yea. They advertised 16" to top of seat. So 13" base and 3 inch seat. This is 16" and my current is the same. Just odd.

I wonder if the item you got was mislabeled? I've seen that happen. Factory package, too, so you wouldn't necessarily see an open package or anything.

I'd take that up with the seller. The pictured item is clearly shorter than what you got.

I wonder if the item you got was mislabeled? I've seen that happen. Factory package, too, so you wouldn't necessarily see an open package or anything.

I'd take that up with the seller. The pictured item is clearly shorter than what you got.
Yea, the stock photo wasn't from my guy at the shop. I had to show him what it was so he could order it. Im sure it was probably someone on the mfg end

I'll go in tonight and return it and see if they can get the right one.

I am having the same problem. New Roc N sock throne and DW thrones with hydraulics don't go as low as they used too.

The problem is cost, It's cheaper to use a smaller dimeter tube, but that requires more length at the same pressure for the same support. I.E They used the height to save cost. I am looking for any hydraulic throne with a round top and 18" actual seat height without bottom out when you sit.

Back