Being stalked by advertisements

Skate

Does anybody else get really annoyed when you're looking to buy something, you then buy the item, and for the following weeks, every advert is about the item you've bought, like every one. Computer parts everywhere!

Does anybody else get really annoyed when you're looking to buy something, you then buy the item, and for the following weeks, every advert is about the item you've bought, like every one. Computer parts everywhere!

I know,... there are little spies in my computer also. I have always taped over my built in camera. I don't need some dude watching me.

I have learned to focus. Yes focus. Ads are not going away.

I'm ad-blind. I really never see them unless I think about it. Kind of like how you don't see your nose, but it's always in your field of view for both eyes. Your brain just gets rid of it.

I get this pretty often. If I 'window shop' online I seem to get regular ads trying to sell me the last item I looked at.

I've started finishing my 'window shop' sessions by looking at cowbells last because I don't care for the sound much. Of course now most of the ads that appear seem to be about cowbells so I should be safe. But lately I've been wondering how I've managed to get by without owning a cowbell for all these years - and I know of an online store that sells a really interesting looking one for only £19.95.....dammit!

Browser tracking cookies is your answer. You can turn off Google's tracking deep in their settings if you're signed into Chrome and most browsers have a 'do not track' setting. Advertisers have been doing this for years. You can even view your Google ad tracking data - it will guess your age and your interests based on searches. Mine correctly guessed my age but nothing much else about me.

Funnily enough, mine always gives me ads for 'mature singles'. I am neither particularly mature or single...

Browser tracking cookies is your answer. You can turn off Google's tracking deep in their settings if you're signed into Chrome and most browsers have a 'do not track' setting. Advertisers have been doing this for years. You can even view your Google ad tracking data - it will guess your age and your interests based on searches. Mine correctly guessed my age but nothing much else about me.

Funnily enough, mine always gives me ads for 'mature singles'. I am neither particularly mature or single...

Wait till you start to get the ads for Sexy Senior Singles and online Pharmacy that are guaranteed to help you enjoy them. LOL

Browser tracking cookies is your answer. You can turn off Google's tracking deep in their settings if you're signed into Chrome and most browsers have a 'do not track' setting. ...

Directions on how to properly do this?

I'll eventually figure it out, but it'll take me forever.

I know,... there are little spies in my computer also. I have always taped over my built in camera. I don't need some dude watching me.
If someone has been watching me all this time, he must be disappointed, just me laughing my head off at crappy youtube videos.

Directions on how to properly do this?

I'll eventually figure it out, but it'll take me forever.
If you're on chrome:
1) Press the 3 horizontal lines in the corner, under the X button. A drop-down menu should appear.
2) Click on "Settings"
3) Scroll down until you see the heading "Privacy"
4) Click the tick box on the last option which is "Do Not Track"
5) Click Ok...
6) Marvel at your amazingness.

If you're on chrome:
1) Press the 3 horizontal lines in the corner, under the X button. A drop-down menu should appear.
2) Click on "Settings"
3) Scroll down until you see the heading "Privacy"
4) Click the tick box on the last option which is "Do Not Track"
5) Click Ok...
6) Marvel at your amazingness.

Thanks Mate!

Back