Anybody playing these?

Lennytoons

This looks like a heck of a deal to me. I've got a set of RN-1 Renowns 22,8,10,12,14,16 with die cast hoops. I'm wondering if the RN-2's are going to sound much different from what I have now. I know the bass drum will obviously be different but what about the rest of the kit? I think I have a case of GAS and this bop kit may cure me. Curious to hear from someone playing the RN2's in these sizes. Thanks in advance.

This looks like a heck of a deal to me. I've got a set of RN-1 Renowns 22,8,10,12,14,16 with die cast hoops. I'm wondering if the RN-2's are going to sound much different from what I have now. I know the bass drum will obviously be different but what about the rest of the kit? I think I have a case of GAS and this bop kit may cure me. Curious to hear from someone playing the RN2's in these sizes. Thanks in advance.

I have a friend who has the RN-1 set, and he swears up and down that those kits sound better than the RN-2. If I had the choice between the two series, I think I'd go with the RN-1.

One word of advice though...MAKE SURE you like the sound of an 18" kick drum before you pull the trigger. Going from a 22 to a 20 is pretty doable, but there is going to be quite a bit of difference between an 18 and a 22. To my ears, there's a much bigger threshold in sound between an 18 and a 20 as opposed to a 20 and a 22. It's easier (for me at least) to make a 20 sound as big as a 22, but I've found it very difficult to make an 18 sound close to a 20.

Oh honestly man I wouldn't covet a RN2 over an RN1 - The RN1s are basically USA customs - just not made in the states.

However - if you're looking at picking up a bop sized kit - that's a great deal on a set of drums that would last you a life time.

Just hold on to that RN1. What finish is it?

Oh honestly man I wouldn't covet a RN2 over an RN1 - The RN1s are basically USA customs - just not made in the states.

However - if you're looking at picking up a bop sized kit - that's a great deal on a set of drums that would last you a life time.

Just hold on to that RN1. What finish is it?
It's the Satin Walnut Burst finish from around 2012. I'd never part with them. I was looking at a bop kit and this looks like a nice addition.

It's the Satin Walnut Burst finish from around 2012. I'd never part with them. I was looking at a bop kit and this looks like a nice addition.

Nice man - I bet that kit is fantastic!

If you pick up a new one - get us pics! haha

Back