Best Drumhead set under $150?

SkullDrummer

I need some new drumheads for my kit.
what ones sound the best? i hear pinstripes are good.

Easily the best bang for your buck right here. These are single ply clear/coated. Even if you needed reso side heads too, you could still get them individually along with these packs for easily under $150. If you wanted 2 ply or other coated heads etc., Attack is still much cheaper than the other brands. Great quality. I love them. You can probably buy indivdual Attack heads that meet your needs for all your drums for cheaper than the other companies sell their packs.

Last edited:
My kit size is 22 10 12 14 16 and ill be playing mostly jazzy beats
I always played coated single ply over clear single ply on my jazz kit. For toms, either Evans coated G1 batter over clear G1 on the resonant side. Or Remo Ambassador coated over Amb clear on the reso side. Both bass drum heads alone will run around $100, so $150 is going to be a tight budget.

My kit size is 22 10 12 14 16 and ill be playing mostly jazzy beats
look into aquarian jack dejohnette heads, theyre a single ply head but with a thicker black coating, or try the aquarian modern vintage series for the old school calfhead style tone :)

Aquarian and Code are cheaper than Remo/Evans when you need a full set of head. With a pseudo « free » snare head when choosing a full set.
Single ply coated are less expensive and good choice for jazzy stuff.

I was very impressed with the heads from Attack when we (Sounds Like a Drum) spent several months going through the majority of their lineup. Based on a blanace of price and quality, I'd say that you can't go wrong with their offerings. Just keep in mind that drumheads, like tuning preferences, are subjective when it comes to the "best" option. Best is dependent on you and your context. At the end of the day, these are tools that we bend to our will, not sonic masks that we simply put on.

Back