Just unexpectedly saw my drum set online

PorkPieGuy

Platinum Member
Stephen Taylor posted (then reposted after re-editing) a video of him going to 5 drum shops in 5 states within 24 hours.

At around 7:15, he enters Badges Drum Shop, and then exactly at 7:30, you see a set of champagne sparkle set of Ludwig’s in B/O badges. That’s the same kit I bought from Badges last year.

A cool little surprise on this Saturday morning.

:)

EBFD77B0-809B-48A7-998A-2206E17F9DD3.jpeg

Stephen Taylor posted (then reposted after re-editing) a video of him going to 5 drum shops in 5 states within 24 hours.

At around 7:15, he enters Badges Drum Shop, and then exactly at 7:30, you see a set of champagne sparkle set of Ludwig’s in B/O badges. That’s the same kit I bought from Badges last year.

View attachment 144193
I love that finish!!!!!!
That's funny-this maybe a pic you'd recognize too. What's the odds of that. Screen Shot 2021-02-03 at 11.11.35 PM.png

That's cool. Several months ago, I posted a photo of my '67 Burgundy Sparkle Ludwig set on one of the FB drum pages, and I got an angry reply from a guy saying, "That's my drumset!"

I replied, "Yes, that was your drumset. Do you remember I bought them from you seven years ago?"

He had taken the photo I used. When I told him who I was, he was apologetic and I think, a bit embarrassed. He was glad I still had them.

Attachments

• Ludwig Burgundy Sparkle 1967.jpg
    Ludwig Burgundy Sparkle 1967.jpg
    145.7 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:
That's kinda weird. He was pretending to be upset when he didn't even own the kit. Or I guess he thought someone just erroneously copped the pic.

View attachment 144193
What year kit?

That's kinda weird. He was pretending to be upset when he didn't even own the kit. Or I guess he thought someone just erroneously copped the pic.
He thought someone stole the photo he had taken of the set before he sold it. It puzzled me, because I'm sure he didn't have a copyright on the photo.

He thought someone stole the photo he had taken of the set before he sold it. It puzzled me, because I'm sure he didn't have a copyright on the photo.

Happened to me too. Someone won an ebay car part from me then immediately relisted it copying my ad verbatim, then added a blurb to it.

I sold another of those and copied his ad verbatim. Some twerp contacted me that I'd stolen his buddy's ad until provided a link to him copying mine. Amateurs.

This kinda' stuff happens all the time. There's no harm done, unless the image has a copyright. I don't know why people get their shorts in an uproar about it. Seems silly to me.

I saw your bass drum in a Facebook post for Vintage Logos.

That's cool. Several months ago, I posted a photo of my '67 Burgundy Sparkle Ludwig set on one of the FB drum pages, and I got an angry reply from a guy saying, "That's my drumset!"

I replied, "Yes, that was your drumset. Do you remember I bought them from you seven years ago?"

He had taken the photo I used. When I told him who I was, he was apologetic and I think, a bit embarrassed. He was glad I still had them.

I wonder if he had forgotten that he had sold them? Some people are better at keeping a mental inventory of what they've bought, sold, and currently own.

I wonder if he had forgotten that he had sold them? Some people are better at keeping a mental inventory of what they've bought, sold, and currently own.
Who knows? The guy I bought them from does a lot of buying and selling, so maybe he forgot.

Who knows? The guy I bought them from does a lot of buying and selling, so maybe he forgot.
I believe that not only did he recognize his former kit, but also recognized the deck that it was sitting upon when he originally photographed it.

So, naturally his first reaction was "Hey that's my photo!". However, once you informed him that it was you who had actually bought that kit from him, and not some random guy on the internet reposting "his" photo, he was understanding about it. That photo is just one part of that kit's provenance. (Thanks, Antiques Roadshow. LOL!) :)

Back