Latest Purchase...Non-percussion

A trip to Romania and Poland last week. Two incredible countries to visit.
Went to Dracula's Castle in Bran, Transylvania and heard . . . no lie . . . a percussion ensemble from Bucharest!

sweet!! my wife is Polish - Pope John Paul II is her grand uncle (Karol Woytyla) - we want to go visit her homeland one day

And while I was at it…traded up to a used Seagull S6 Original with LR Baggs pickup. Nice discreet plug in and came with a custom case to boot. If I told you what I paid you would never believe me.

Also bought my daughter her first electric guitar. I told my wife and son one (or both) of them need to play bass. I will be on drums of course but everyone wants to play the drums. ;)
View attachment 122883View attachment 122884

View attachment 122885
I'm the same, I was not rich enough to pay for music lessons for my kids (well, my daughter was doing dance at the conservatory plus synchronized swimming at the matin all level, Canad game and si one), she stared the guitar which gives me an excuse to buy one and then 4 more but she took some singing lessons and was in a choir as a soprano solo when she was young and so, she sings with me and play few chords at the guitar....
But I'm waiting for my grand kid to play drums and bass so, with me on keys, we could have a band, I have already everything for everyone!!!!
At least, with family, it might be easier to find people to play with....

I haven't purchased a tablet since 2013 since most places I've worked for have provided one to me. Last year I picked up an Amazon Fire HD 10 which was just OK. Well, finally, I decided to bite the bullet and get a proper one for my-own-self.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Lite in "Angora Blue". I don't need cellular so this is precisely what I wanted. 64GB storage and 4GB RAM. The display (2000x1200) is nice and sharp and the couple of games that I play run very smoothly. It also came with some kind of voodoo pen that I probably won't use very often as I cannot even draw a straight line.

View attachment 123150

View attachment 123151

View attachment 123153

I also picked out a snazzy Pleather case for it.
View attachment 123154

As always, thanks for looking.
I like the bass photo for the desktop!! I have my keys on mine... I really need in every toomas mine I see N A Ioad2, more than 10 years, but I want a large one, the 12.9" because it's the same size as a music sheet so, I could leave the music stand at home when playing live and I will still have the old ipad running Bandhelper to change the sounds.. But I'm still keeping buying snares, before it was cymbals, instead of buying it.... Ok, I change my old Del from 2007 with a Mac mini 2013, 16 ram, quadcore i7 and 1 Tera ssd that is in the mixing room and I need a large screen for that. And I also bought 4/5 years ago a 21" iMac that is for the synths and Cubase only so, you cannot ask too much, I was told that we need a new oven (yes, it doesn't work anymore) and a new kitchen before it....
And a new screen is tougher to hide compared to some snares.... Anyway, great buy, enjoy it!!

I finally got around to buying frames for my album covers:
Albm_Frames.jpg

I also got RAM and an SSD for the "Audio Workstation" I have been waiting to complete:

SSD_RAM.jpg

Overall, it was a moderately productive weekend.

Just ordered some new music. One vinyl record since i can't seem to find the cd anywhere!

1665257579674.png

Tape recorder belts. Of course I had to buy 50, because it's cheaper than one. Next level cassette nostalgia, realizing the belt turned into goo.

And this. I already have one, but I love it and keep worrying about losing or breaking it, so comfy, clear and the Prime deal was crazy good. HD 599
61rC-yMhtZL._AC_SL1000_.jpg

Back