Latest Purchase...Non-percussion

I haven't purchased a tablet since 2013 since most places I've worked for have provided one to me. Last year I picked up an Amazon Fire HD 10 which was just OK. Well, finally, I decided to bite the bullet and get a proper one for my-own-self.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Lite in "Angora Blue". I don't need cellular so this is precisely what I wanted. 64GB storage and 4GB RAM. The display (2000x1200) is nice and sharp and the couple of games that I play run very smoothly. It also came with some kind of voodoo pen that I probably won't use very often as I cannot even draw a straight line.

SSG01.jpg

SSG02.jpg

SSG03.jpg

I also picked out a snazzy Pleather case for it.
SSG04.jpg

As always, thanks for looking.

Very pricey project - Conversion from swamp cooler to central AC, needed to get a new heating unit as it was as old as the house.

Carrier furnace and AC unit upgraded to a 40 gal power vented water heater, and 220 electric panel to handle it all and then some.

C3D2ED7C-655D-4608-B130-04A708270891.jpeg5948F689-289F-4103-85C8-53ED7ED6F204.jpeg

A pulling harness. For tires now. For a pulk sled when snow comes.
As in a training tire harness? As in, training for when you pull your winter sled up the mountain and perform an amazing solo?

sucherman_wild-horses.jpg

I'm not sure how much it's percussion or not, but finally I got a decent beginner handpan. Since it was an impulse buy, I was aiming low and ordered and returned a few on Amazon, and finally bought the cheapest one and got lucky. It has a nice long sound, and was in tune. It had zero reviews. I was planning to write one praising its price, but by then they almost doubled it. That just shows how arbitrarily they price these. All I ordered came with the same exact box and accessories, but had various silly nonsense names. Quality was random, even between the same product in two colors, so free returns are a must. Very happy with it though, I enjoy discovering the sounds it can make and just play randomly.
handpan2.jpg

Last edited:
New stuff for my drum setup, MacBook Air, Manfrotto Pixie, Sennheiser HD25 (when i need isolation i choose my Shure) SanDisk USB drive and a Pelican case for my Shure.
IMG_20220920_123952_HDR.jpg

IMG_20230101_152847.jpg

Last edited:
A trip to Romania and Poland last week. Two incredible countries to visit.
Went to Dracula's Castle in Bran, Transylvania and heard . . . no lie . . . a percussion ensemble from Bucharest!

Attachments

• P1120007.JPG
    P1120007.JPG
    482.5 KB · Views: 8
Back