gish
Reaction score

Latest activity Postings About

• gish
      gish reacted to BobC's post in the thread One Of My Dream Sets Now Reality with Like Like.
      I started playing in the '60s, when most drums were covered with pearl or sparkle wraps, and like many others, I sent away for drum...
    • gish
      Late to the game DW player and enthusiast here. I’d had a love/hate relationship with the brand for 30+ years before finally acquiring...
    • gish
      gish replied to the thread One Of My Dream Sets Now Reality.
      Congratulations on acquiring a kit that has deep meaning for you Bob. If there’s a story behind why this kit is one of your dream...
    • gish
      gish replied to the thread New cymbal day.
      Congratulations on your new cymbals! I also have an 18” K Dark Thin crash. Might be my favorite crash I’ve ever owned and works really...
    • gish
      gish reacted to Tom DeBagg's post in the thread How to tune drums Correctly? with Like Like.
      ............and then sell your kit and buy an electronic one because you'll never achieve that sound with acoustic drums that aren't...
    • gish
      gish reacted to TheDrummerFromAmsterdam's post in the thread Possibly My Next DW Set with Like Like.
      Just dont get that top heavy unneeded slide option mount.
    • gish
      gish replied to the thread DW Slide Track.
      I can agree with you about the strength of the rubber basket tips. I have been using the same 700 hardware for the past 15 years and...
    • gish
      Excellent; thank you for the feedback! I have a zero balance on the ol’ Sweetwater card; I think I’m going to order one! I’m assuming...
    • gish
      Thanks for the feedback Pork. The main reason I initially went with the slide track is that I prefer to mount my rack tom on the bass...
    • gish
      gish reacted to PorkPieGuy's post in the thread DW Slide Track with Like Like.
      Brother, some rooms are just weird or downright bad for drums. I don't think any piece of gear is going to fix what you are looking for...
    • gish
      gish reacted to yammyfan's post in the thread Snare drum heads. with Like Like.
      Excellent point. This applies to toms as well, naturally. If one's drums get moved around a lot, it's good practice to aim for an open...
    • gish
      gish reacted to Chris Whitten's post in the thread Snare drum heads. with Like Like.
      I always use the dot heads, Remo or Evans. I always advise using a slightly livelier head, then controlling the sound with a little...
    • gish
      gish reacted to ottog1979's post in the thread I don’t understand you bag people. with Like Like.
      Bass drum bags: Don't put the drum in the bag, instead put the bag on the drum. I put the bass drum head side down then slide the bag...
    • gish
      gish reacted to BobC's post in the thread Are DW drums still cool? with Like Like.
      Thank you. That's really what this whole silly and pointless thread boils down to.
    • gish
      gish reacted to yammyfan's post in the thread Are DW drums still cool? with Like Like.
      DW drums are wood cylinders with metal hoops and mylar drum heads, just like every other drum set out there. To say that they sound (on...
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back