Rehearsal Kit for New Project

medeskisoul

Pioneer Member
Beginning to play with a new group of musicians and I thought I would show you the kit in the rehearsal space. It is Kliph Scurlock's, drummer for the Flaming Lips, C&C kit. I was pretty stoked to see it, let alone be able to play it. Here are a few pics of the kit and a pic of Kliph actually behind the kit on tour.

Attachments

• Kliph2.jpg
    Kliph2.jpg
    189.9 KB · Views: 511
  • Kliph1.jpg
    Kliph1.jpg
    163.8 KB · Views: 456
  • Kliph3.jpg
    Kliph3.jpg
    154 KB · Views: 455
  • Kliph4.jpg
    Kliph4.jpg
    159.5 KB · Views: 474
I KNOW! Ryan Pope from The Get Up Kids has a similar "hand painted" kit. It was just such a trip to see in person. It was painted by a local artist/ musician. So, the kit has a "local making it big" duality. I seriously felt like I was viewing a piece of local history.

That's really cool. I must say though it doesn't look as good in the practice space as it does in the pic. Dunno if it's the light or w/e but i'm sure it looks a lot better in person.

That's really cool. I must say though it doesn't look as good in the practice space as it does in the pic. Dunno if it's the light or w/e but i'm sure it looks a lot better in person.

HORRIBLE lighting. I had to bring a lamp in to the space to even generate what light you are seeing. My pictures do it NO justice at all. Sorry for the poor quality. Iphones suck for photos if there isn't proper lighting.

wow youre pretty lucky, i love the flaming lips great band, what an experience for you. That kit is so flaming lips. thanks for sharing, best of luck.

Back