New setup, updated Ludwig pics....

drumhedd

Alrighty then, here we go: I decided to center my setup around 8 and 10 inch toms rather than 10 and 12 just to switch things up a bit. I've been playing a lot more metal recently so I decided to make my setup more double bass friendly. My main influences: John Bonham, Nicko Mcbrain, Danny Carey, Chris Adler, John Dolmayan.
Specs:
Ludwig accent custom
10" 12" 14" toms, 20" Bass, 14X6.5 snare
8" John Dolmayan LP mini timbale, 15" 1970s Ludwig marching tom that I found by the side of the road....
16" 18" Paiste Alpha rock crashes, 22" 2oo2 Rock Bell Ride, 22" Wuhan China, 14" 60s Zildjan A hihats, 12" factory metal celtic bell
Pearl double pedal (prostock? powershifter? I can't remember...)

IMG_3387.jpg

IMG_3390.jpg

IMG_3389.jpg

IMG_3394.jpg

...thoughts? (sorry about the crappy photography....)

Theres allot going on there. You have a nice set of cymbals coming along.

Nice kit, it's not the prettiest thing ever but if it sounds good then that's what counts. Interesting JD timbale as well, is he known for his use of the timbale?

Thanks! Yeah, she's no beauty queen, but believe me, these things get the job done like you wouldn't believe! Actually, to be honest, I can only think of 2 or 3 SOAD songs that feature timbales (Hypnotize... Forest... ?) The set actually came with a 6 and 8" bolted together, but I got sick of having a 6" drum so I took it off. I'd seriously recommend them though, they're cool for latin stuff or even more progressive music, it works well for a lot of Tool stuff.

where to start...

you found the old Ludwig in a ditch?!?!? one man's garbage...

you have a real nice set up with the cymbals, sweet ride - keep building!

and have you tryed placing your mini timbale above and between your 10" and 12" toms, could make for some killer fills...

enjoy the great kit!

Thanks! Yeah, that drum was sitting by a pile of junk on the side of the road, doesn't look like it ever spent a day in the sun before then, and it's perfectly in round 0_o

Thanks! Yeah, that drum was sitting by a pile of junk on the side of the road, doesn't look like it ever spent a day in the sun before then, and it's perfectly in round 0_o

...is another man's treasure ;-) lucky you...

WHOOO! nz for life :p

nice kit

i can believe you found that drum in the trash. lucky as

love the set up to.
awesome as

keep that tool up.. i love tool :p
*hi-5*

Back