Crazy hard work has it's compensations - my playground :)

I hate and love you simultaneously.
Are you posting as my wife? ;) ;) ;)

You're hinting at something with this visitor from Germany stuff and I know you're holding back on us.

So spill it buster, sing like a canary, see?

Could it be JoJo?
No hinting at all Larry. Sorry to disappoint. No superstar drummers, no industry inside news, just a good player interested in a kit who happens to be German. :)

A couple of shots featuring another new addition to the demo room. A 22" x 12", 15" x 12", & 12" x 8" Origin kit. Luurverly :) Some nice outdoor shots & spec's when the weather improves.

Attachments

• Origin showroom 2015 - 900.jpg
    Origin showroom 2015 - 900.jpg
    766.7 KB · Views: 392
  • Origin2 showroom 2015 - 900.jpg
    Origin2 showroom 2015 - 900.jpg
    724.1 KB · Views: 387
Could it be JoJo?

After the bass drum hoops story? I don't think so Uncle Larry :)

My bet is on Lutz, a former member on this forum.

Absolutely lovely showroom Andy, I could easily spend a month in there 24/7...

I own to pay you a visit soon :)

I wonder how it would sound if you threw a bunch of superballs bouncing around in there ;)

Looking pristine and fresh as ever. I really enjoy these pics, keep em coming!

Lol, definitely not posting as your wife.

I do have a legitimate question though. It may have been answered before, but I've not noticed, so here goes.

On the last picture you posted, I see the staves are aligned horizontally, rather than (what I perceive to be common) vertically. Is there any particular advantage to doing it either way?

Where do you keep the leopard fur kits?
Good question :) They're stored in a secret room together with shallow concert toms, internal pillow wrapped bass drums, & a host of other Bo Eder specials due for shipping soon ;)

My bet is on Lutz, a former member on this forum.
Great guess Henri, but alas no. I haven't heard from Lutz in over a year :(

A man after my own heart!! I hope we see some more honest capture videos this year.
There's a video in the planning, but it's a while off yet (money:(

I wonder how it would sound if you threw a bunch of superballs bouncing around in there ;)
Probably better than most of my playing :)

On the last picture you posted, I see the staves are aligned horizontally, rather than (what I perceive to be common) vertically. Is there any particular advantage to doing it either way?
Yes, it's a different construction termed as "segmented". The only "advantage" is improved stability over stave (all other things being equal), but that's not the main reason for choosing that construction. Horizontal grain delivers a different set of characteristics, especially in solid shell form. We've actually got to the point of developing the thin segmented shell form where it exceeds most of the performance attributes of steam bent single ply.

i love how the drum room presentation is as world class as the product. like a museum...great. no...YOU rock !

i love how the drum room presentation is as world class as the product. like a museum...great. no...YOU rock !
Thank you for your kind words :)

I wasn't shooting for a museum vibe. That's too austere, & has a "look but don't touch" vibe to it. This demo room is there to promote the exact opposite vibe. It's designed to be fun & inclusive, with non of the store BS / interruption / sales pressure aspect.

My God, those are (all) absolutely beautiful!!
Thanks! There's a huge range of sounds in that room. Each one a real individual sound statement in it's own right.

Yes, it's a different construction termed as "segmented". The only "advantage" is improved stability over stave (all other things being equal), but that's not the main reason for choosing that construction. Horizontal grain delivers a different set of characteristics, especially in solid shell form. We've actually got to the point of developing the thin segmented shell form where it exceeds most of the performance attributes of steam bent single ply.

Thanks for clearing that up. I was aware that grain orientation played a part in shaping the sound of the drum, so that all makes sense. I guess I'd always assumed segmented and stave were synonymous. I see now this is not the case!

Either way... Gorgeous work.

...nice playground for kids with white hair...best part about it is that you can take the play equipment home if you pay a playground exit fee...

Thanks for clearing that up.
No problem - it's my job :)

Apart from the acoustics :)
Hahaha - class visuals as always Pol ;)

There's no excuse. I've gotta visit one of these days.

Davo
Correct Dave, absolutely no excuse!

...nice playground for kids with white hair...best part about it is that you can take the play equipment home if you pay a playground exit fee...
White hair! Whatcha tryin' to say???????

Back