What's On Your Shopping List?

Sabian HHX raw bell dry ride
Custom 15" floor tom (because Mapex doesn't make 15")
Wood snare (Might build this myself)
Roland TDK-30

As of Sunday, I am interested in a red acrylic Crush set at my local store. I have no need for another set, but its so smexy!

Also eventually I want to get another ride cymbal, I have a 20" Wuhan I've been rocking on my secondary setup but am wanting to upgrade that as its a big wash fest.

A set of in-ear monitors to start with...

A Guru Intense series snare drum .

Oh nothing much on my list. Tis my birthday mid-September and, what with that and Xmas, I have:
  • Stick Bag
  • Set of Brushes
  • Toaster
:D

Can't afford much right now, but sometime down the road I want to custom order a whole set of cymbals. I'm a Paiste guy, but every time I request something custom from them I am declined, so I'll get Sabian's custom shop to do them for me.

I have a 20" Twenty prototype that is bar none the nicest crash I have ever played. It's really dark and low-pitched, but still very sibilant and fairly clean. As long as Sabian doesn't get offended by being asked to copy a Paiste, I would like to send them the Twenty prototype and get them to make me 19", 20", 21", and 22" crashes along with a pair of 16" hats with a sound edge type bottom (if they do that) and a 24" med thin ride with a slightly larger, dark, low-pitched bell. I would mostly use the 21" and 22" crashes, but I would get the 19" and 20" too just to have some options. A 20" or 22" china would be cool too. It would be so cool to have a whole setup of custom pies that compliment each other.

On my birthday in September, it'll be 20 years since I got my first drum set. There is definitely something that needs to be purchased for this glorious occasion.

Short term:
an Evans 14" ST dry

Long term:
Some kind of 14" X 5" wood snare drum, the choices are absolutely bewildering......too many brands, too many shell materials available.....should be a "ply" type as I already have a solid maple snare......anybody got any suggestions?

And one of those Stanton Moore Pandeiros would be nice....

Back