What song are you playing on drums?

I've just been jamming to the new Metallica album but going completely crazy with improv.

I'm going to play Nirvana, Smells like Teen Spirit at a concert I will have in the beginning of January. It's really easy, but it's still a really fun song to play, I think. =]

The Cult - Love Removal Machine / Electric album.

Not playing, but improvising along to:

Opeth - Reverie/Harlequin Forest, Deliverance, Grand Conjuration, Hex Omega
Battles - Tonto
Porcupine Tree - Arriving Somewhere But Not Here, Futile

I like your taste ^ ^ ^ ^. I just finished a Smashing Pumpkins session. Mostly the Siamese Dream cd. Geek USA is a killer freakin song to play imo. Jimmy Chamberlain, WHOOOT!!

Am I the only one that tends to stick to whole albums at one time? I guess its kind of a compulsive thing.

Last edited:
Hi, Ian.

Nope, you are not the only. I like to do a complete album as well, but I prefer to diversify in drumming and music, makes it more interesting.

Cheers,

Last edited:
AC/DC, Led Zeppelin, whatever suck.... IMO

I know it's your opinion and all...but how can you say this? I haven't really listened to the chodos, but I know enough to know they're "alternative rock". You realize the only reason they're playing this stuff is because classics like Zeppelin totally influenced it, right? I mean, I doubt that the "alternative" genre would be around with out bands like Led Zeppelin, AC/DC, etc. Sorry but wow...

Anyway, lately I've really been digging some stuff by the Steve Gadd Gang. Simple, but just so groovy.

I'm busy practicing the songs for my band which would be (in order of hardness, or maybe just how much i suck at them, most to least)

Hand of Blood - Bullet for my Valentine (totally suck at this in terms of foot technique)
Stricken - Disturbed
Clouds Connected - In Flames
Animal I have Become - Three Days Grace

You guys play sucky music.

You should have a bit more respect for the bands that inspired your modern alternative and emo bands mate.

Am currently in rehearsal for the classic rock band I am starting out with, as well as a side Christmas project.

SO, am playing
Tush-ZZ top
Summer of 69- Bryan Adams
Honky tonk badonkadonk-trace adkins
Take it easy-Eagles
(For starters, as well as originals)

AND
Jingle bells
God rest ye merry gentlemen
Away in a manger
What child is this
etc:
(Just hand percussiom and vox)

You guys play sucky music.

And you post sucky comments, LOL...

Oceansize: Efflorence cd. This cd has boggled my mind for years now. Its sounds easy at first, but once you get into it, its really frikkin hard! Check em out if you re into progressive(P.Tree/Opeth/???)

Ian W, I dont always stick to one album at a time, but more like I have to play a whole album through, then move onto the next one. I might hit 4-5 cds' in a 3 hour set, or play the same cd(usually Tool) a few times in a row. Then change bands. Alot of time spent tryin to get it "right" ya know? Its that damn compusive thing again...

In My Time Of Dying - Led Zeppelin

I love the way Bonham works the hats and bass in this song.

Hello, Colleagues.

I will start with: Rock N Roll Train - AC/DC, time-keeping, steady snare beat.
Come on, give your input!!!

Cheers,
When you say rock n roll train don't you mean every other ac/dc song?
lol

Forlani- Burnt by the Sun
Dave Witte is not only a monster but he places his beats so tastefully. If it were not for his drumming BBTS would be lacking so much.

Next one to play will be: The Cult ~ Dirty Little Rockstar.

Back