The Whisk(e)y Bothy

For about 10 years I was a bartender in the busiest non-chain restaurant in the United States and when I was a drinker I wasn't into Irish, Scotch or Canadian whiskeys. For some reason I just liked good old American rot gut Seagram's 7 on the rocks. Then I sold a piece of property and the realtor handling the deal gave me a bottle of Bookers Bourbon when we closed. I liked that one.

Reactions: I-P
Japanese Whiskey - I was amazed at the quality.

I'm on a bourbon exploration kick now...well..if kick means try 'different types about once or twice a year'...not a real drinker-person.

Southern Comfort makes an excellent beef steak fajita marinade, if you get enough in there it makes for a nice Pyrotechnique display as well.

Reactions: I-P
I don't drink much these days, but I always had a soft spot for good single malt Scotch Whisky. Glenfiddich, Macallan, Laphroaig - all nice whiskys.

I enjoyed the distillery tour and tasting at Jack Daniel's, too. Quite a fun experience.

On the daily, (no, not every day! Lol) I also like good old Jim Beam. 😁 It's fine for those ordinary occasions.

My fave bourbon is JD, but my favourite tipple is single malt Scotch whisky. I’m partial to The MacAllan and Glenfiddich! 🥃 My fave whisky story is when I paid a visit to a whisky bar with friends in Edinburgh and outrageously paid £20 for a single shot of 1972 MacAllan. Smoothest scotch I’ve ever tasted and a once in a lifetime experience… :D 🥃

I’m a big fan of bourbon and Irish whiskey; don’t care much for Scotch though.

Really enjoy the expensive stuff on special occasions but have also found a few inexpensive whiskies that punch above their price point-

Old Forester 100 proof
Wild Turkey 101
Jameson Black Barrel

Any or all of these are always in stock at my house.

And not to split hairs but JD is not bourbon; it’s Tennessee whiskey.

I always drink neat as well, if anyone is keeping score lol.

Release the Kraken
melt your cortex

that makes sense Ha!

I use to love any strong spirits but doesn’t agree with me now. I like Irish whiskey, scotch, bourbons, moonshine, gin, tequila and mezcal . Not a fan of vodka or rum however. Not much for beer or wine. I’ve drank a river so now I cry me a river-cause I do miss it at times. Miss that rush of chugging a bottle. Burn like hell but then that warm feeling. Do that two or three times BAM!

I’m a big fan of bourbon and Irish whiskey; don’t care much for Scotch though.

Really enjoy the expensive stuff on special occasions but have also found a few inexpensive whiskies that punch above their price point-

Old Forester 100 proof
Wild Turkey 101
Jameson Black Barrel

Any or all of these are always in stock at my house.

I always drink neat as well, if anyone is keeping score lol.
Do you remember Old Grand Dad? Or does anyone remember Vat 69?

According to Wikipedia Tennessee whiskey generally meets the legal requirements for a bourbon though? :unsure:🙃 Now you’ve got me thinking ‘Gentleman Jack’ is my favourite…😀

Back