Snare drum heads.

I bet Bermuda will answer, but based on how he's described his collection in the past, I'm pretty sure it's quantity. 😁
Yeah, and probably only 10% of his snare collection.

Holy cats, is that percent or quantity?

I have 111 snares, so it sort of works both ways. :)

The only snares I do NOT use the ST on are a few for delicate/orchestral work, and a few vintage drums with calf heads. And a few Ludwigs where I haven't gone through the factory head yet, but it will be replaced with an ST at some point.

I have an ST Dry (with little holes around the circumference) on one drum that howled a lot with a regular ST. the Dry cured it nicely.

For me it’s Remo Ambassador Regular or SC, if I want to open up the sound Remo Diplomat is what I use on the snare side.

If you like Evans and you want something that's pretty open but also heavy duty, I'd try the ST. (Super Tough). I've had good luck with that head.

In Remo, the coated Emperor will do similar work.
thanks Wolf, I may give one of them a try. God Bless.

You could try an Emperor Coated or a G2 coated. I like those options, but they are sensitive enough for me after a week or so of playing and seating. I like Coated Ambassadors or a G1 coated with a Snareweight M80 on them. It give me what I need. If I have a hankerin' for that deep/fat sound, I'll put my BFSD Donut on it. From my experience, a BFSD Donut with an Ambassador coated has better rebound and sensitivity than a month-old Emperor.

My go-to head is the Genera Dry.

It still sings on the 14x8.

The hammered bronze came with a regular Ambassador and does its job until its dead (which takes much longer with the older Ambs, compared to the new ones)

I might go UV1 on the 60's COB Gretsch snare.

Back