Show us your Four Piece Kits.

From a recording date i did at the end of last year. 14x11 tom, 18x16 floor tom, 22x18 bass drum, 14x8 vinnie paul snare. 14" hats, 20" ride, 20" crash on players right side, 19" crash players left side :)
1000005975.jpg1000005976.jpg

From a recording date i did at the end of last year. 14x11 tom, 18x16 floor tom, 22x18 bass drum, 14x8 vinnie paul snare. 14" hats, 20" ride, 20" crash on players right side, 19" crash players left side :)
Always loved that finish. Saw it first on an old Premier set from my youth. When Tama brought it back with that series of drums (can’t remember what they are) I had to get me some! Had a 6-piece and really enjoyed it. Maybe 2006 or so - a lot of brain cells have gone walkabout since then. 🤪

Um, no it won’t always be “I’ve got the snare stand already.” As a matter of fact, I found that same $100 mount for $80 and free shipping, and that could possibly change my mind. Not for at least a couple weeks because I’m coming up on bill paying time and still trying to get past Christmas bills.

So actually I appreciate you telling me about the Gretsch mount, and I’m actually thinking it might work out if I skip the Inde bracket.
FYI, I also use the RIMS mount seen in that picture, because it adds an extra 1.5" worth of spacing.
My tom is a 10. I think yours is a 12, so you may not need that additional spacing, but I thought you should also know about that (i.e., if you think you need the INDe bracket, do it. You can always sell it if it doesn't work for you).

Last edited:
Gretsch Brooklyn in Silver Mist Duco
Sizes: 20x14, 12x8, 14x14

Snare (for now): Tama SLP G-Maple 13x7

Cymbals:
15” Meinl Byzance Polyphonic Hats
20” Meinl Byzance extra Dry Crash
16” Meinl Byzance Vintage Trash Crash
22” Meinl Byzance Equalibrium Ride
19” Meinl Byzance Polyphonic Crash
20” Meinl Byzance Extra thin hammered Crash

Hardware:
Pearl Eliminator Redline Hi hat Stand
Tama Iron Cobra Double pedal
DW9000 Single pedal (just bought)
DW9000 Airlift Snare Stand
RocNSoc Hydraulic Throne

IMG_1711.jpegIMG_1717.jpeg

Last edited:
FYI, I also use the RIMS mount seen in that picture, because it adds an extra 1.5" worth of spacing.
My tom is a 10. I think yours is a 12, so you may not need that additional spacing, but I thought you should also know about that (i.e., if you think you need the INDe bracket, do it. You can always sell it if it doesn't work for you).
It’s a 13, but a RIMS type mount isn’t out of the picture.

It’s a 13, but a RIMS type mount isn’t out of the picture.
I have one of the longer Ludwig tom arms from my Giglite and I use it on other vintage Ludwig kits when I don’t use a tom stand.

If you have the post that goes in the tom mount on the kick you could use a multi-clamp on that and put a tom arm on the other side of it. That should push it out a few inches. Just an idea.

Edit: I see you do have a tom arm. Throw a multi clamp on there for another tom arm and you get to keep your cowbell.

I have one of the longer Ludwig tom arms from my Giglite and I use it on other vintage Ludwig kits when I don’t use a tom stand.

If you have the post that goes in the tom mount on the kick you could use a multi-clamp on that and put a tom arm on the other side of it. That should push it out a few inches. Just an idea.

Edit: I see you do have a tom arm. Throw a multi clamp on there for another tom arm and you get to keep your cowbell.
...or attach one of these to a short post stuck in the bass drum receiver, Basically the same thing...

View attachment 142995
Excellent ideas, guys…thanks!

I have a 12-13-16-22 phonic kit….but currently i have removed the 12 and experimenting. I do like getting the heavy K ride a little closer to center over the kick. Also, these drums are ridiculously heavy…I think i do detect a slightly different tone out of the kick getting the 12 n mount bar off.

53486956166_1a435900cb_k.jpg
53487259204_27669aff1d_k.jpg
53486048532_dd8e6d5736_k.jpg

All set up and ready to go for tonight’s job. Put the cymbals up a little higher. We’ll see how long that lasts.

View attachment 143052

View attachment 143053
The high ride cymbal placement was my solution to shrinking the footprint of my kit while maintaing the useage of two mounted toms.
I don't think my ride was quite that high, though.
Good luck. I hope that works for you.

I added a tom mount on my Mapex 22x18 bass drum, mostly to make my hardware box lighter. It also makes more room to put my ride and small crash where I want them. Peace and goodwill.

View attachment 122594

View attachment 122595
I was playing two up and one down. Today I decided to go one up and one down, so I removed one tom at church this morning and will play my set like this. My cymbals and snare are different that those in these pictures. Peace and goodwill.

Back