Show off your Ludwigs? : )

Some Ludwig kits I have owned in the past that I still have pics of . I still have the wrapped Ludwig Accent in oyster black (my beater kit ).

The Birdseye maple Classic Maple kit is probably the kit I gig the most these days (20/10/12/15/18 with matching 5” snare )

The others have all been sold . The one kit I really regret selling is the Red to Natural to red burst over Birdseye maple Ludwig Legacy Maple kit that was originally owned by Bun E Carlos . The 24 x 18 bass drum was just too much of a hassle logistically for me at the time . Sounded great though .

The OBP Liverpool 4 kit pic below was a big disappointment to be honest . Just could never get these to sound like I thought they should . I far prefer the Classic Maples over the Legacy Maple kits .

The 1968 Ludwig Champagne kit was a nice sounding kit but got sacrificed in a trade for a Sonor Vintage series kit which I prefer.
IMG_0669.jpegIMG_0042.jpegIMG_0656.jpegIMG_0563.jpeg70571056314__1EE218D3-75CC-4DDF-A36D-7971942AAF7D.jpeg

This is my Ludwig kit now big Sound and loud 8 10 12 13 15 16 18s on the way Supraphonic 402 14x6.5 Paiste 2002 cymbals I'm in heaven.
Noice! So, what's the story with the one white tom (it's setting off my OCD)? 😄

I was searching for a 13x9 3ply Maple/poplar/Maple come across a good bargain and i got it i don't mind a jelly bean I can rewraped it if I want to.

Last edited:
I’m a little perturbed. A couple posts apparently got deleted before my set post and my set is no longer at the top of the page.

The Standards have been spotted out in the wild a bit recently - a week ago Saturday at a museum fundraiser. The old girls still have it where it counts.
1697040642349.png
1697040663750.png

Old hat for a lot of you, but new and exciting for me. Came to the door about 3 hours ago.
I've got another brass snare, but this Black Beauty has the right tone, sensitivity, and the right amount of ring to it right out of the box (after a bit of tuning up to my liking). I love it.

badge1 - Copy.jpgthrow1 - Copy.jpgbird1 - Copy.jpgside1 - Copy.jpg

Edit: one good thing leads to another :ROFLMAO: Seemed a bit hoggy, but I knew I'd get one eventually, so I sprung for this Supra too.
It showed up yesterday.

1702495625538.jpeg

Last edited:
My latest Ludwig kit: Legacy Mahogany in red sparkle - 13/16/22, with 1965 Pioneer snare

Updated snares - all Ludwigs, except the black Pearl Masters Custom

(And this is my favorite thread ever)
View attachment 110361View attachment 110362View attachment 110363

Left (metal):
100th anniversary 6.5" BB - 5" BB - Supra 402 - Supra 400
6.5" Acro w/tube lugs - 6.5" Acro - 5" Acro '70s - 8" Copperphonic

Right (wood):
6.5" Legacy Mahogany - 6.5" CM - 6.5" CM - Pioneer
8" Standard Maple w/maple hoops - 5" CM
damn nice looking set, someday i'll get a set of Classics.....,i bet the Mahogany sounds bitchin

Some Ludwig kits I have owned in the past that I still have pics of . I still have the wrapped Ludwig Accent in oyster black (my beater kit ).

The Birdseye maple Classic Maple kit is probably the kit I gig the most these days (20/10/12/15/18 with matching 5” snare )

The others have all been sold . The one kit I really regret selling is the Red to Natural to red burst over Birdseye maple Ludwig Legacy Maple kit that was originally owned by Bun E Carlos . The 24 x 18 bass drum was just too much of a hassle logistically for me at the time . Sounded great though .

The OBP Liverpool 4 kit pic below was a big disappointment to be honest . Just could never get these to sound like I thought they should . I far prefer the Classic Maples over the Legacy Maple kits .

The 1968 Ludwig Champagne kit was a nice sounding kit but got sacrificed in a trade for a Sonor Vintage series kit which I prefer.
View attachment 138429View attachment 138430View attachment 138431View attachment 138432View attachment 138434
Lovely kits Rick. I didn't know they offered a 15" floor tom, can I ask what depth it is and how do you like it?

Lovely kits Rick. I didn't know they offered a 15" floor tom, can I ask what depth it is and how do you like it?
15 x 13” was the size of my floor tom. It is a great size for floor Toms . I have two other kits with 15” floor Toms . I find 16” too boomy and some 14” don’t have enough bottom end for me .

Back